News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Progress station could be changed to a station that actually connects to the mall.
That would have been redundant I think.

Also it was planned to be west of Brimely - at least according to the 2011 report.
1653504578078.png

Option 4 was interesting.
1653504659052.png

Ridings along Sheppard voted PC - so I guess this will be happening. I wouldn't be surprised if a Western extension gets done as well at this point (It would be a good thing)
Kind of a waste of money, frankly.

Kind of a waste of money, frankly.
Not completing the line to maximize its potential makes the initial investment and ongoing operational costs a waste of money. The corridor's density is increasing rapidly, a northern crosstown is a good thing in my opinion with opportunities to go south and hit Wilson and Lawrence Avenue West

Ridings along Sheppard voted PC - so I guess this will be happening. I wouldn't be surprised if a Western extension gets done as well at this point (It would be a good thing)

I think, no sooner than in 2024. Aiming to make headlines for the 2026 elections.

Not completing the line to maximize its potential makes the initial investment and ongoing operational costs a waste of money. The corridor's density is increasing rapidly, a northern crosstown is a good thing in my opinion with opportunities to go south and hit Wilson and Lawrence Avenue West
Sunk cost fallacy.

A full crosstown Shepherd has loads of potential--with multiple interchanges within the expanding network--esp considering that this is an honest to god subway, unlike the watered down hybrid a few klicks to the south.
A proper crosstown Sheppard line is going to cost $15bn. Better off to start a new line from scratch that doesn't require tunneling the entire route.

A proper crosstown Sheppard line is going to cost $15bn. Better off to start a new line from scratch that doesn't require tunneling the entire route.
Are we going to have this debate again? You don't need to tunnel the entire route.

Sunk cost fallacy.
Living on the line - the alternative of having all those people on the 85 bus is worse. If anything, more rapid transit is needed both east and west.

A new line? Will we ever need a "brand new line" after the Ontario Line besides extending existing lines?

Are we going to have this debate again? You don't need to tunnel the entire route.
1000% agree with this. Sheppard Avenue is wide enough in part of the stretch especially east of Victoria Park and west of Bathurst.

Also #CutAndCover >>>> tunelling

Back