Do you happen to have any pre-Central Parkway maps of Mississauga? Can't seem to find any online.

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/services/maps

Click on Launch eMaps.
Zoom in to where you can to look.
In the folder Map Layers, click Detailed Mapping and then disable it again (this should get rid of the buidling outline overlay)
Then click on Aerial Photography, and go to whatever year you want.

1975 shows Central Parkway ending at Burnhamthorpe.

from today
20110225049.jpg

20110225064.jpg

20110225063.jpg

This building is all over the place! Windows of random heights, OCAD legs, two distinct facades- it's like a few buildings mashed together into one.

I think it's pretty cool. I do wish that the darker window sections on the sides facing the street didn't have the clear glass inserts.

I feel like this is going to be one of those buildings that in the future we will people will be like "WTF were they thinking in 2011"

I feel like this is going to be one of those buildings that in the future we will people will be like "WTF were they thinking in 2011"

Sure, some people will ask that, as you will always have people who can't deal with an ounce of whimsy, while there will always be others who will appreciate the playfulness of this building. There's never a single agreed-upon opinion about any particular building.

After seeing this a few times in person, and i don't hate it as much anymore. And somehow it looks a lot better now after that tall protruding glass element thing that they're constructing in the middle.

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/967359--mps-get-peek-at-new-campus

John Stewart Mar 15, 2011 - 6:44 PM
MPs get peek at new campus

Two Conservative MPs toured the new Sheridan College campus in the City Centre this morning to demonstrate the benefits of the federal government's knowledge infrastructure program.
"Our government is investing in research and training facilities at campuses across the country to create jobs, help our economy recover quickly and improve the quality of life of Canadians," said Minister of Labour Lisa Raitt, a Halton MP. "This investment is promoting local employment now and will provide the research infrastructure Sheridan College needs for years to come."
The new business campus, recently named for Mayor Hazel McCallion, is located just west of Square One Shopping Centre. It will accommodate 1,760 students in total, about 1,200 of them in the business program.
The federal, provincial and municipal governments all contributed to the project. Ottawa contributed a total of $15,615,742.
"This exciting new Sheridan College campus will provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to compete in the global marketplace," said Mississauga-Erindale MP Bob Dechert. "It will provide a new generation of Canadians with unlimited opportunities to pursue their dreams."

8f8568444a80bc2614dc4ef01023.jpeg

Back to school. Federal minister of labour Lisa Raitt toured the new, and still under construction, business campus of Sheridan College this morning. Raitt is with Sheridan president Jeff Zabudsky. Staff photo by Rob Beintema

Future Mississauga Hotel/Convention-Centre to be built nearby.:cool:

Mississauga Council Approves Request for Information to Attract Hotel Development

"Given the synergies that can be created with the Civic Centre, LAC, Square One and now Sheridan College - all immediately adjacent to the site, I believe that it's one of the best locations in the City for a hotel-convention centre," said Councillor Frank Dale for Ward 4 where the site is located.

More....http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/ci...s;jsessionid=PXRMJJUO0K35HTRPH3XD4FWOF25W4PW0

Back