8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

noctis

Member Bio
Reaction score
Question: Do you think Mr. Giambrone should resign his position as the Chair of the TTC?

imo, i think it's time for a new voice. mr. giambrone has been in this business too long and i think he should step down and take a break. after all that he has been through, proposal for transit city, the mayoral run, and now the sex scandal. i just don't think he can earn other people's trust anymore. nobody can look at him eye to eye and say, i believe in you and i support you.

I don't think he can lead at the moment, and customer service issues at the TTC seem to have increased (at least to me) under his watch. I think it's reasonable for someone else to take over.

Do I think he's doing a good job with the TTC, meh.
Should he resign becuse of where his dick has been, absolutely not.
Did he manage this "scandal" like a chump, of course.

I don't think I would vote for him but I don't know why he can't continue to run the TTC. We was elected and he might as well serve out his term. He has pushed for numerous customer service improvements including station cleaning, website improvements, real time data, and trip planner. All the current issues in the press regarding TTC customer service are union member related and honestly there is little Giambrone or his successor can do about it. Without looking at the possibility of tendering out bus, streetcar, and subway services there will be complacency.

I think he's doing a good job.

Do i care if he like to sleep with different young girls? No, because I do too. Infact, most men probably wish they were him before he got caught.

Most riders would agree that the chair of the TTC, whoever he or she is at any given time, should step down. It's not really a good metric.

I don't think he should step down because of the scandal necessarily, but I don't see any real reason for him to continue with the position. I actually really like the suggestion a commenter on Munro's blog made that maybe David Miller could take over as interim chair until the election. It'd de-politicize the issue as there'd be no question he's there to improve things, not to try to win the mayor's office or a council seat.

He should step down, without question. He clearly has issues surrounding honesty and integrity, which doesn't make for a good civil servent. If he can lie to himself, his partner and his family why would he have any issue lieing to his constituents?

... not that i'm a prude. I could care less how many people he shags as long as he's up front in representing himself.

He should step down, without question. He clearly has issues surrounding honesty and integrity, which doesn't make for a good civil servent. If he can lie to himself, his partner and his family why would he have any issue lieing to his constituents?

... not that i'm a prude. I could care less how many people he shags as long as he's up front in representing himself.

Not to get all "House" here, but everyone lies, is less then honest, and are only as good as they are allowed to be.
If that was the guide for public officals we'd have none.

For the sake of transit expansion in the city, No.

Service frequencies and customer service have both improved since Giambrone took over. There's several new programs that are coming on-line (I'm sure we all agree too slowly), that should have been done many Chairs ago.

I can't imagine why one would want to remove him for any reason except the issues that have arisen in the last week. Yet many of the comments here seem to be based on old vendettas than the current situation.

Yes and the bedroom stuff is not factor in.

It the question of lieing and the release of various information as well miss leading or representing.

His own statement that he need someone for political reason in his life raise a few question. No issue if he gay or not as some claim.

Hate to see him go as he done a great job as Chair and it will be hard to find someone to replace him until the election. Depending on who elected, it maybe hard then also.

His own statement that he need someone for political reason in his life raise a few question.
I don't think he made a statement to that effect - as far as I know, that is just something he allegedly told a woman in order to gain sexual favours. The lies he may have told a woman hardly constiute a public statement.

What transpires between him and his wife is their business, I don't get way some people are getting bent out of shape.

I say let him stay as commissioner, and continue what has started with Transit City; half-started, half-completed projects are the best way to lose money. Does anyone remember the "Eglinton Ditch"?

If he's running for mayor he should step down from his TTC chair. But since that's no longer the case, why would he resign?

Back