News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Clinton didn't, and he held a slightly more powerful position. Not to mention he was in wedlock, whereas Adam isn't.

The problem is that any new TTC developments that happen will be reported with a paragraph about Giambrone's little adventures. It will be used as ammunition by the workers or the union in their response to the new Customer Service Review. It's really unfortunate for the guy, but his name is going to be an albatross for the next few months, and he will do the TTC a favour by stepping down.

but i am just curious though, who has the authority to say he goes or stays? or does he do it himself?

Yes, please. It's good that he got talk of expanding transit back on the public agenda but christ if he hasn't gone about it in the completely wrong way. A more balanced plan which incorporated some BRT and subway expansion as priorities along major corridors; and kept the streetcars where they work best: innercity urban communities, would have been the better ideological model for him to have pursued. And under his watch the TTC's infrastructure and expenditures and level of customer service and scheduling and cost to ride has all gone completely amok. But probably what irks the public most about him is his ability to pretend as if nothing is wrong with the system and claim things will only get better on the eve of the latest controversy being reported in the news regarding the TTC, a routine occurence these days.

Not to say that the next guy will be any more capable for the job, but at this point I'm willing to take a chance on change.

just read the headlines this morning, looks like giambrone is hanging on for now...

...under his watch the TTC's infrastructure and expenditures and level of customer service and scheduling and cost to ride has all gone completely amok. But probably what irks the public most about him is his ability to pretend as if nothing is wrong with the system and claim things will only get better on the eve of the latest controversy being reported in the news regarding the TTC, a routine occurence these days.

Not to say that the next guy will be any more capable for the job, but at this point I'm willing to take a chance on change.

Agree completely. Service levels have not improved and, in some cases, have declined from where I'm standing with longer waits for buses and trains and the subway delays are almost a daily occurance these days whenever I'm on the subway. I remember reading a poster on the subway that showed a busy road with the caption saying something like avoid traffic, take the subway... and I was reading during one of the many subway delays. Needless to say, you don't see these posters any more.

The TTC seems to be just a stepping stone for Mr. Giambrone to fulfill his political dreams that's stalled at the moment. We need a TTC leader who actually cares about TTC service beyond mere words. It's not about his sex scandal, rather about his lacklustre performance at the TTC and the scandal is just another straw on the camel's back.

but i am just curious though, who has the authority to say he goes or stays? or does he do it himself?

It is the other commissioners on the TTC who can vote to keep him on or kick him out. They are all City Councillors:

The TTC Commission Board

* Adam Giambrone, TTC Chair
* Joe Mihevc, Vice Chair
* Maria Augimeri
* Sandra Bussin
* Suzan Hall
* Peter Milczyn
* Ron Moeser
* Anthony Perruzza
* Bill Saundercook

For the sake of transit expansion in the city, No.

Service frequencies and customer service have both improved since Giambrone took over.

Yeah, the service frequency would not have been improved if not for Giambrone. Just a good example of the novel and unprecedented things the TTC has done ever since he became chair.

So if it's not the juicy sex scandal, why should he resign now? He hasn't done an amazing job for several years, so now he should be booted?

Most public officials have not done an amazing job, for years on end, since the dawn of time. Should every official get the boot if they can't revolutionize their department in one term?

Get over yourselves. He likes to consensually bang young ladies (who doesn't?). He hasn't done anything in his role as TTC head that remotely justifies him resigning or getting canned.

Get over yourselves. He likes to consensually bang young ladies (who doesn't?). He hasn't done anything in his role as TTC head that remotely justifies him resigning or getting canned.

maybe people are jealous?

the only issues i have are the couch, the email, and the phoney partner for political reasons. but i'm not sure if all these issues are true.

the only issues i have are the couch, the email, and the phoney partner for political reasons. but i'm not sure if all these issues are true.

Exactly. He banged some girl in his office (after hours), tried to cover it up (maybe), and might not genuinely love his lady. They're juicy, stupid, embarrassing, naive, egotistical, narcissistic screw-ups to be sure.

When it comes to his job he does at least OK (some say good, above average, but not mind-blowing), doesn't embezzle funds, and seems to have an interest in improving his department.

Nothing about this warrants resignation or firing. At most he should make a public apology, and buy a new couch.

Back