News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I thought I read that all city-lead construction stopped with the strike. Hmm, perhaps that's a reason to get the paving done quick ... before someone tells them to stop! :)

All contractors would still be working. They won't be able to open it without an inspector though.

June 22nd

Nearly done!

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

June 27

Other than marking to be painted on the road, the road is complete.

One thing that still going to hold the opening up is reinstalling the panels on the hotel.

IMG_june-26-09-0173.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0174.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0197.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0198.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0199.JPG

How far are the bike lanes going to extend? Are they going to be doing them to QQ, or is it only this stretch?

*sniff* It's... it's so ... beautiful. *sob*

I used to pass by this thing every day before they even started construction, up until September of last year. I'm glad it's finally done, and I think it looks great. Maybe this will alleviate some congestion on York and University during rush hours...

How long before they will have to dig up a patch to repair a leaky water main or bury a cable?

That bit of sidewalk next to the hotel is really narrow... any way they could modify the hotel to widen it? Maybe punch a passageway through the wall?

That bit of sidewalk next to the hotel is really narrow... any way they could modify the hotel to widen it? Maybe punch a passageway through the wall?

Nope!!

Very small considering what the rest looks like south of it width why.

drum, what happened to the bottom of that building? (the blue)

drum, what happened to the bottom of that building? (the blue)

Panels were remove for some reason or were damage. I need to look back at the photo's I have shot once I get the new computer on Tuesay and reinstall 4 years of photo's and video's. Going with I7 system and it will be the first Intel over the AMD's I have now.

I will be building a web page(s) for this project as well others I have been following over the years and will have a better answer then.

Come to think of it as I do this, sewer and water work was taking place right next to the building as well some other work. Then there was the underpass itself.

Edit: After I post this, I believe the existing freighthouse connected at that point.

Last edited:

Back