News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If this going to open in May, someone should start to work on it.

There is still concrete work to be done up by front street before work can start rebuilding the road. Sidewalk and paver work still has to be done as of April 9.

They are probably taking longer than they should so a bunch of politicians can sync their calendars for a photo op.

I've heard from a local transit reporter that this will be opening in May.

I walked through this site on Saturday....was going to take pictures then I realized it looked a lot like a picture set I had seen before.....looking back through this thread if you look at Project End's pics from March 7....you will get an rough idea what it looks like now.

For what it's worth, we can officially say it is not opening in May now (unless, heavens forbid, you meant next May).

I walked through this site on Saturday....was going to take pictures then I realized it looked a lot like a picture set I had seen before.....looking back through this thread if you look at Project End's pics from March 7....you will get an rough idea what it looks like now.

For what it's worth, we can officially say it is not opening in May now (unless, heavens forbid, you meant next May).

I said I Didn't expect to see this thing open until this summer last fall and on schedule for then.

A week ago, they were pouring part of the road south of Front St.

Most of the sidewalk is now in place south of the tracks.

The north end is the hold up until they get the west side done.

They were pouring concrete for the west-side sidewalks at Front yesterday and excavating the west side of the road below Front in preparation for pouring the concrete road base. Once that's done it only needs paving so IF THEY WANTED TO I bet it could open in a week. We shall see, or not.

They were pouring concrete for the west-side sidewalks at Front yesterday and excavating the west side of the road below Front in preparation for pouring the concrete road base. Once that's done it only needs paving so IF THEY WANTED TO I bet it could open in a week. We shall see, or not.

There did seem to be a lull in construction....I noticed this week that the lane that was closed during the construction of RBC's new building re-opened....I wonder if the south of Front/underpass section was being timed/delayed so that it was not ready before everything north of Front was re-opened?

Anyone know, yet, how the road will work? Will it continue to be one-way north of Front and two-way south of Front?

There did seem to be a lull in construction....I noticed this week that the lane that was closed during the construction of RBC's new building re-opened....I wonder if the south of Front/underpass section was being timed/delayed so that it was not ready before everything north of Front was re-opened?

Anyone know, yet, how the road will work? Will it continue to be one-way north of Front and two-way south of Front?

I would imagine that Northbound traffic would be directed onto University Ave.

I would imagine that Northbound traffic would be directed onto University Ave.

that will be a tough lefty turn in morning rush!!!! Likely no on will come that far north then......just go along Bremner and continue to backlog that road/intersection at York.

I wonder how much fuss it would make if the far eastern lane on Simcoe just became a northbound lane...even if it was just during the morning rush (it would give us something do with those overhead red crosses and green arrows that we are taking down on Jarvis now!!).

g

The concrete for the road base on the west side just south of Front was poured this morning and this seems to complete the road base and clears the way for paving from Front to Bremner. They were also doing what looked like finishing touches to the sidewalks between Front and the rail bridge on the west side so the construction really is ending.

Last edited:
that will be a tough lefty turn in morning rush!!!! Likely no on will come that far north then......just go along Bremner and continue to backlog that road/intersection at York.

I wonder how much fuss it would make if the far eastern lane on Simcoe just became a northbound lane...even if it was just during the morning rush (it would give us something do with those overhead red crosses and green arrows that we are taking down on Jarvis now!!).

g

Actually, I got my York and Simcoe streets mixed up! Anyway, yeah it would just add to the congestion to have to dog leg east or west along University to the next northbound lanes.

I agree, maybe they should open one lane to northbound traffic. The question is how far north? Up to King, Queen?

Actually, I got my York and Simcoe streets mixed up! Anyway, yeah it would just add to the congestion to have to dog leg east or west along University to the next northbound lanes.

I agree, maybe they should open one lane to northbound traffic. The question is how far north? Up to King, Queen?

Simcoe sort jogs west a bit at Queen and then is one way going north (I think) so why not take a lane northbound all the way to queen (and beyond really)

I walked past Simcoe today and they are scraping off the remaining asphalt from Lower Simcoe from the rail bridge south to Bremner and the guys working on it told me they were paving it all 'very soon, maybe tomorrow." Of course that's not to say it will then open but it's one more step!

Simcoe sort jogs west a bit at Queen and then is one way going north (I think) so why not take a lane northbound all the way to queen (and beyond really)
I believe that Simcoe now stops at Queen--there's a kind of plaza in the street allowance next to that new building that was recently built on the north side of Queen. It continues beyond this, behind the American Consulate and up to Elm. I always wondered why they closed it there; request of the American Consulate perhaps?

I walked past Simcoe today and they are scraping off the remaining asphalt from Lower Simcoe from the rail bridge south to Bremner and the guys working on it told me they were paving it all 'very soon, maybe tomorrow." Of course that's not to say it will then open but it's one more step!

They still got to finish the west side at the tunnel as well the side of the building first.

They move the hydro pole and shack on the south side so the sidewalk can be finish. July opening.

Back