News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

IMG_july-08-09-0032.jpg

This scene is so calling for an Abbey Road type picture. C'mon we just need 5 forumers (4 people, 1 to take the picture)!

So only one lane going North and 2 going south? hmmm..

Makes sense to me. Most of the traffic will be people leaving the core down Simcoe, already heading south on the one-way. The single northbound lane will serve the local drivers on Bremner and the waterfront escape York Street.

Not waiting for the opening

Looks like people aren't waiting for the underpass to officially open. Pedestrians have easily been able to pull apart the fences on the North and South sides. Pictures were taken with a cell phone so the quality isn't that good.

Attachments

• IMG00587-20090711-2311.jpg
    IMG00587-20090711-2311.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG00588-20090711-2312.jpg
    IMG00588-20090711-2312.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG00589-20090711-2312.jpg
    IMG00589-20090711-2312.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG00590-20090711-2313.jpg
    IMG00590-20090711-2313.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG00591-20090711-2313.jpg
    IMG00591-20090711-2313.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 244
This scene is so calling for an Abbey Road type picture. C'mon we just need 5 forumers (4 people, 1 to take the picture)!

OMG that'd be awesome! If UT ever releases a CD that'll be the cover :p

Here we go again

This project is starting to remind me of the Cumberland Exit of Bay Station; which in turn reminded me of the Spadina Wave Deck last year.

Projects that for all intents and purposes are done; and are kept closed anyway, either waiting on one tiny thing to be finished, that could invariably be done in five minutes; OR waiting on someone to cut a ribbon.

We really have to start putting in stiff late penalties in tendered contracts, $10,000 a day for late delivery!

And if the politicians are the hold up, they contractor can sue them for the money!

:D

We really have to start putting in stiff late penalties in tendered contracts, $10,000 a day for late delivery!

And if the politicians are the hold up, they contractor can sue them for the money!

:D

I agree. There is no excuse when most of these projects take no time at all to complete or are sitting there completed with a fence around them..

Its funny cause years ago i used to go to Europe especially Spain and Portugal and say whats the wait, if this was in Toronto it would be done in a flash now years later its the other way around you get there and are puzzled how things are being done so quick, while we here are still sitting around with all the political bureaucracy.:D

I agree. There is no excuse when most of these projects take no time at all to complete or are sitting there completed with a fence around them..

i have lost all hope that this thing will ever open. i've been waiting 1.5 years for it, and just when i thought the wait was over, they put up a fence on the fully completed project (WHY DON'T THEY OPEN UP THE PEDESTRIAN SIDEWALKS AT LEAST!?) and are still twiddling their thumbs. i fully agree that the city needs to fine them for being late, SONCIN is quote possibly the worst contractor around if they think that this is acceptable (there was a newspaper article in OCTOBER 2008 saying it would be open in November!)

i was walking around lower simcoe and lakeshore yesterday, and noticed that a project that has been ongoing at the northeast corner of that intersection (no idea what they were doing, or if its related) has finally packed up, and it got me thinking that the underpass may have to wait until this section of lower simcoe is sorted out as to avoid bottlenecks and allow for the re-alignment of lanes to feed the new underpass.

someone needs to call SONCIN and find out whats happening...

By the way, have they installed traffic lights at the Bremner/Simcoe intersection? It would be a mess as a 4-way stop.

By the way, have they installed traffic lights at the Bremner/Simcoe intersection? It would be a mess as a 4-way stop.

indeed they have. in fact they installed them in late november '08. they've been sitting pretty (waiting to be useful) ever since...

I wonder if there is some legal, ownership or liability consideration that is holding this up, in addition to the strike and or political uselessness. The number of quasi legitimate reasons for waiting probably outnumber the completely insane illegitmate reasons. Still, answers would be cool although not as cool as actually being able to use the frakkin thing.

I notices yesterday they were working on the underpass lights. There was something going on at the north end for the hotel wall, but I was on the wrong side to see what.

There is always a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo and licensing and permits, approvals, inspections, etc that must be done before projects like this can open.

Back