News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Bills put Council resolutions into legal effect and are usually all voted on at the end of a Council meeting.

indeed that is true, but my issue is that the council meeting has concluded and the status of this item hasn't changed. i dont see another council meeting being scheduled for quite some time. when could they possibly vote on it?

is this thing going to sit here unused indefinitely?

indeed that is true, but my issue is that the council meeting has concluded and the status of this item hasn't changed. i dont see another council meeting being scheduled for quite some time. when could they possibly vote on it? Is this thing going to sit here unused indefinitely?

I am not an expert on this (or maybe anything!) but I think the meeting monitor is not updated once the meeting ends. If you look at the Agenda you can see the proposed Bill and I think that what has to happen is that the City lawyers need to adjust it to deal with the amendment and then the City Clerk and the Speaker sign it to certify it was passed. I think it's a done deal as far as Council is concerned and all we are waiting for is the paperwork to catch up. See: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/cc/bills/bill693.pdf

Of course we are also waiting for them to finsh fixing the cladding on the hotel and actually moving the fence. I'm betting it will open early next week,

Last edited:
I am not an expert on this (or maybe anything!) but I think the meeting monitor is not updated once the meeting ends. If you look at the Agenda you can see the proposed Bill and I think that what has to happen is that the City lawyers need to adjust it to deal with the amendment and then the City Clerk and the Speaker sign it to certify it was passed. I think it's a done deal as far as Council is concerned and all we are waiting for is the paperwork to catch up. See: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/cc/bills/bill693.pdf

Of course we are also waiting for them to finsh fixing the cladding on the hotel and actually moving the fence. I'm betting it will open early next week,

perhaps you ARE indeed an expert. the way you explained it makes total sense. i hope you're right! :)

Aug 7

No one on site at all today.

Need to sandblast to try to get things to look the same.

IMG_aug-08-09-0093.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0094.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0095.jpg

As we speak they are power-washing the underpass - can opening day be far away??

with any other project i would say no. but this project defies logic.

in all seriousness i believe you are correct. it seems like its going to be very soon...

lol so much waiting for such a small piece of infrastructre.

Was by the site tonight and everything is still the same way as last week.

The earliest this road could open would be the week of Aug 17.

Was by the site tonight and everything is still the same way as last week.

The earliest this road could open would be the week of Aug 17.

the city road painting crew was out last night refreshing the lane markings around the intersection.

the "workers" are "working" on attaching the concrete paneling on the side of the hotel, looks almost done.

they sprayed the thing down with a fire hose yesterday (to clean it for final delivery i guess.)

things have "LOOKED" ready for over a month.

and still nothing. if they had an actual work crew of about 50 guys like most worksites, this project could have been complete a LONG time ago. whats unbelievable to me is that the city doesnt care that they have 2 guys working on the thing, while its a year behind schedule. then again this is the same city that was on strike for 6 weeks, they couldnt care less about anything, so long as they can bank their sick days.

could you imagine if it took this long to build every road in the country? my how work ethic has changed over the years...

Instead of concrete panels, why not use that frontage for something? It doesn't look like there's that much behind it. Why not lease out some space?

No, that would make too much sense.

It is part of the hotel and/or the convention centre and would appear to be part of their garage, whose entrance is just north of the panels. They probably make more $$ using this space as a garage. It is being covered now because when the City knocked through the extension of Simcoe Street they demolished a shed just below the rail bridge which abutted this area. Until they demolished the shed this section of wall was not visible.

Back