News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't find the underpass to be a big deal...

great, so don't use it then, more room for me.

I also don't use a cab to go such a short distance.

i'm guessing you don't go clubbing with girls that wear 4 inch heels? (girls love taxi's)

we're clearly not in the same stage of life... this "conversation" is pointless, and off topic...

Someone could take Simcoe down to Lake Shore and then use the ramp at Spadina, could they not?

No. Lakeshore flies over Spadina with no ramp to the Gardiner. The next ramp to the Gardiner accessible via Lakeshore is the often closed for rush-hour Jamieson ramp followed by the ramp at Humber River.

I don't think they built many parking spaces for RBC Dexia. This street misses the Gardiner on-ramp that Bay and York drivers use and only has access to the Spadina ramp via Bremner which puts people in the same jam they would be in if they took Front to Spadina. Northward connections are complicated by Simcoe being one-way, closed north of Queen, and the need to make left turns. The benefits of this link seem more local in scale. The Porter bus will probably use it, people going go the south convention centre entrance or CN Tower perhaps, but the fact Simcoe is one-way and closed north of Queen and has no access to ramps means its utility is limited. I would expect to see less traffic through this tunnel than on the Blue Jays Way bridge.

Maybe the street is preparation to service the York area. Royal Fairmount hotel is planning a hotel and residential there. So they need more road access. Also 18 York needs road access as well. I read Ice's parking access is along grand trunks near lower simcoe. You can't have everyone going down York St. There's going to be traffic jams.

i'm guessing you don't go clubbing with girls that wear 4 inch heels? (girls love taxi's)

And guys love girls who love taxis. Especially guys with cell phone cameras to take getting-out-of-the-car upskirt pictures with

I don't think they built many parking spaces for RBC Dexia. This street misses the Gardiner on-ramp that Bay and York drivers use and only has access to the Spadina ramp via Bremner which puts people in the same jam they would be in if they took Front to Spadina. Northward connections are complicated by Simcoe being one-way, closed north of Queen, and the need to make left turns. The benefits of this link seem more local in scale. The Porter bus will probably use it, people going go the south convention centre entrance or CN Tower perhaps, but the fact Simcoe is one-way and closed north of Queen and has no access to ramps means its utility is limited. I would expect to see less traffic through this tunnel than on the Blue Jays Way bridge.

Once the built the interchange at Bathurst St, you will see more traffic on Fort York.

Once the car folks find this road is open, It will see more traffic heading to the Lakeshore as well Spadina.

I'm so glad this is finally open. It's been a long wait! I mean, the Burj Dubai (*groan*, yes I know, another "other city comparison", but I can't resist on this one!) went up while this one millimetred along.

It's wonderful to have another option to get down to the waterfront other than navigating York, Spadina, or trying to scuttlebutt around the CN tower base. It was always a long haul, that stretch between Spadina and York. For years I'd walk by the bricked-in dead end at the foot of Simcoe and think, "wouldn't it be nice if..."! Well, it sure is nice to see it lit and active and refreshingly open.

It is open; I walked through it and verified this. I was starting to think that it might be a mirage born of wishful thinking...

I used it today as well, and you get a pretty impressive look at the new RBC/Ritz/Bank of America cluster as you pass under the tracks.

Simcoe Place and RBC Centre from Lower Simcoe Street, August 16

^^^ Indeed!

3828147511_ffe0f870ab_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/3828147511/

3828947102_a39536e237_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/3828947102/

3828946826_0f59edc717_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/3828946826/

Back