News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

You'd think even getting one at Scarborough Town (same owners) could get them out of Sq1's legal orbit.

Both of those are owned by Oxford, as is Yorkdale.

CF has Sherway, TEC, and Fairview among others.

I would love Sherway Simons but its really not far from Square 1...

I would be surprised to see Sherway.

Where I am aware, in some measure, of where Simons has kicked the tires, I haven't heard that location mentioned; but I do miss some stuff now and again.

Retail-Insider did a 20 minute'ish sit-down interview w/the CEO of Simons.

I'm linking the video right near the end, where there is some discussion of future expansion.........

I think you'll find that the non-answers given align w/what I've hinted at here....... LOL

Also pay attention to Craig's comments as well for context here.

It may not be the best fit, but I have always wondered if Simons has considered the Sears space at the Oshawa Centre. I have been surprised in that space sitting empty with no proposed redevelopment for so long.

* Cross-Post* to applicable Eaton Centre threads and Yorkdale thread.

As noted above..........

Its now public that Simons will be the new anchor tenant in the former Nordstrom box at The Eaton Centre; (shared with Eataly and Nike); and will also be the anchor tenant in the former Nordstrom box at Yorkdale.

The TEC store will be 110,000ft2, while the Yorkdale store will be 118,000ft2

The new look for the TEC Facade:

1717668735169.png

Source: Retail-Insider

Yorkdale:

1717668814195.png

Source: Retail-Insider

More details from Retail-Insider, here:

Next up: Kitchener and Niagara Falls.

No, neither are next............and Niagara, if not never, is a very long ways away.

There is a next coming...... but its not in Ontario.

As someone who steps into a mall maybe once a year, what are they differences between Simons and Nordstrom?

I've only visited the Simons store at Rideau Centre a handful of times. I'd say the brands that they carry are different than Nordstrom. Less of the global international luxury brands. The styles that Simons carries also feel more Montreal fashion-chic or lifestyle Canadiana.

As someone who steps into a mall maybe once a year, what are they differences between Simons and Nordstrom?

Simons sells more lower to mid level fast fashion type clothing.. Along with some higher end brands. Nordstrom was exclusively a high-end luxury store. Full of the top tier fashion brands.

Back