News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Without subway-style frequencies, and the same price as TTC., plus free transfer with the TTC, they are just a few more GO stations...
to be fair many of the new stations will have subway-level frequencies, or at least close to it.

GO local fares are essentially the same price as the TTC right now ($3.70 vs $3.20), though there is no fare integration any more.

to be fair many of the new stations will have subway-level frequencies, or at least close to it.

GO local fares are essentially the same price as the TTC right now ($3.70 vs $3.20), though there is no fare integration any more.

That lower fare is not the entire TTC, its only trips ~10km or less.

As noted, the bus/streetcar/connection to/from GO is also not included in said fare, which was the promise.

Its not particularly close.

I thought most of these stations were only going to see service every 15 minutes. Which isn't even streetcar-level frequencies, let alone subway-level.

GO also has the advantage of a 3-hour transfer window rather than the 2-hour on TTC, making return fares cheap when running errands, etc. But few GO trips don't have a transfer component - so I don't think it achieves what is desired until we have simple intergration.

Many stations will be serviced by multiple lines, and some lines will have more than 15 minute service. I believe the stouffville line is being planned for 7.5 minute frequencies for example.

In fact I believe the only smart track station not to have either 2 lines servicing it or having increased frequencies above 15 minutes is Bloor-Landsdowne. All other stations will see effective 7.5 minute service.

Agreed more needs to be done for fare integration, I was more so just pointing out that it’s better than it used to be.

Another thing is necessary to make Smart Track somewhat useful: continuous services through Union Station. They should not end all trips at Union Station and have passengers transfer to another train.

Another thing is necessary to make Smart Track somewhat useful: continuous services through Union Station. They should not end all trips at Union Station and have passengers transfer to another train.
I believe that was confirmed according to Steve Munro's site.

1637181469270.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-17-15-35-24.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-17-15-35-24.png
    402.2 KB · Views: 109
Join the SmartTrack St. Clair – Old Weston GO Station team LIVE to have your questions answered.

Please join us on December 01, 2021 to learn more about the future SmartTrack St. Clair – Old Weston GO Station. Representatives from Metrolinx and the City of Toronto will present information and be available to answer your questions about the SmartTrack Stations Program. The panel will include experts from the St. Clair – Old Weston GO station team.

Metrolinx and the City of Toronto will provide a brief presentation followed by a question-and-answer session. Our virtual platform will allow you to vote on the questions you’d most like answered, and the order our experts take them in will be based on popularity (total votes). We encourage you to submit and vote on questions now. You may also submit questions during the meeting.

If you cannot attend, the video recording will be available on this page after the event.

Agenda

6:30: Meeting Begins/ Opening Remarks 
6:35: SmartTrack St. Clair – Old Weston GO Station Project Update 
7:00: Questions and Answers 
7:50: Wrap up & Closing Remarks 
8:00: Meeting End

Join the SmartTrack Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station team LIVE to have your questions answered. ​

Please join us on December 09, 2021 to learn more about the future SmartTrack Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station. Representatives from Metrolinx and the City of Toronto will present information and be available to answer your questions about the SmartTrack Stations Program. The panel will include experts from the Bloor-Lansdowne GO station team.

Metrolinx and the City of Toronto will provide a brief presentation followed by a question-and-answer session. Our virtual platform will allow you to vote on the questions you’d most like answered, and the order our experts take them in will be based on popularity (total votes). We encourage you to submit and vote on questions now. You may also submit questions during the meeting.

forgive me if this has been asked before, but how will smarttrack work in reality? is it just glorified improvements to existing GO services + added stations? will it be a separate service called smarttrack? or, ideally in my opinion, will it be added to the existing Toronto rail map as potentially line A of our subway system? also, what will the rolling stock be? i'm struggling to see this as a feasible project incorporated into the city's network rather than a fledgling campaign promise.

added stations?
Pretty much this with perhaps some adjusted local/express service patterns; potentially fare integration with the TTC down the line.
what will the rolling stock be?
The current GO bilevel diesels. In the future, whichever EMU/dual mode trains are used for the rest of the RER/GO Expansion network.

forgive me if this has been asked before, but how will smarttrack work in reality? is it just glorified improvements to existing GO services + added stations? will it be a separate service called smarttrack? or, ideally in my opinion, will it be added to the existing Toronto rail map as potentially line A of our subway system? also, what will the rolling stock be? i'm struggling to see this as a feasible project incorporated into the city's network rather than a fledgling campaign promise.

I don;t think that is available publicly.

Nobody knows what ST is least of all Metrolinx & the City. Seriously, how would ML know what ST is when it has yet to begin construction while GO RER started construction 8 years ago and they still don't know what the system will look like.

Nobody knows what ST is least of all Metrolinx & the City. Seriously, how would ML know what ST is when it has yet to begin construction while GO RER started construction 8 years ago and they still don't know what the system will look like.
Just stop.

Smart track was just rebranded GO RER that Mayor Tory ran on. Now it’s a program for the city of Toronto to fund GO RER stations within Toronto. Namely the Finch-Kennedy, St Clair - Old Weston, Bloor - Lansdowne, King Liberty, and East Harbour stations.

Go RER did not start construction 8 years ago, how did you even get that idea?

Yes Metrolinx does know what the system will look like at a relatively high level, that’s what the business plans have been about. They’ll have an even better idea in a couple weeks when their engineers and consultants finally finish reading the proposals that the project teams have sent them and they begin evaluating the proposals.

Back