News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Says the guy who lived in Ottawa for a couple years and seems to think that makes him an expert on how the Transitway works... Your hypocracy knows no bounds...

4 years to be exact! You just cannot get anything right. Of course, I never claimed, nor acted like an expert on Ottawa Transit. Or set up a group trying to tell people their LRT plan is wrong.

4 years to be exact! You just cannot get anything right. Of course, I never claimed, nor acted like an expert on Ottawa Transit. Or set up a group trying to tell people their LRT plan is wrong.

No, you just claim that buses along the Transitway can't pass eachother...

Why would anyone who lives outside of Toronto really care that much about transit in Toronto? Interest perhaps ... the odd comment ... but actual activism?

Really, most of SOS is outside of Toronto? ROTFLMAO! Well that explains why they seem so ignorant on so many aspects. No wonder they are pushing all these subway extensions to nowhere!

Why does it matter if I am out of Ottawa for a few years for work? Does that all of a sudden invalidate the half of my life that I lived there? Should I only hold back my advocacy till I move back? Does that fact that all my family and loved ones being in Toronto and me commuting back and forth count for nothing?

What about you? Shall we discount your years out of Toronto too? I am willing to bet that I have more years in Toronto than you. Should that mean that my opinion is worth more? Would you shut up if you left Toronto?

Since I am eligible to vote in Toronto (my home riding Scarborough Rouge River), I fail to see why anybody else should have an issue with me expressing my opinion on the direction the city should take.

LRT's are sexy and so European... they're also practically useless. Transit solutions for moving volume, and that is the name of the game, is the subway. I wonder how well New York or London would move if they wasted money on LRT's.

Since I am eligible to vote in Toronto (my home riding Scarborough Rouge River), I fail to see why anybody else should have an issue with me expressing my opinion on the direction the city should take.

And since no matter where you live in this Province you're gonna be paying for it, you absolutely have a right to have an opinion on Toronto's transit direction.

Not to say LRT is the proper solution for all our transit ills (or that it is great as proposed in Toronto), but useless? Really? Certainly it didn't keep London from using it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docklands_Light_Railway

And yes, before one compares Toronto to New York or London one should ask themselves the density of the area subway passes through in those cities and whether it's comparable to Toronto.

AoD

LRT's are sexy and so European... they're also practically useless. Transit solutions for moving volume, and that is the name of the game, is the subway. I wonder how well New York or London would move if they wasted money on LRT's.

New York has a population density of 10,194 per square kilometre -- Toronto's is 3,972 per square kilometre.

Better to spend the money on a useful enterprise than a white elephant. Besides, everything in NY costs more, but over time the expense will be justified by the net benefit.

The cost of building the CPR was enormous and many said a total waste, yet it paid for itself, is still around, and created our transcontinental nation.

New York has a population density of 10,194 per square kilometre -- Toronto's is 3,972 per square kilometre.
'Assuming' those numbers are right, that's a terrible measure with very little forward thinking. And quite frankly, extremely myopic
A more appropraite measure should be the density at the time NYC decided to built the subways?
And also, you ahve to look at the corridor which the subway will be built, etc.

If we wait until we have the same density as NYC, it will have been 20 years too late... which we already are!

This coming from the gang of hypocrites who only wants Subways and BRTs.
Which definitely explains why almost all the members want the Finch West LRT and would support LRT-ifying the downtown streetcar lines.

AlvinofDiaspar said:
Not to say LRT is the proper solution for all our transit ills (or that it is great as proposed in Toronto), but useless? Really? Certainly it didn't keep London from using it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docklands_Light_Railway

And yes, before one compares Toronto to New York or London one should ask themselves the density of the area subway passes through in those cities and whether it's comparable to Toronto.
FYI, the DLR is fully grade separated. The big distinction between TC LRT and Subway is grade separation. So thanks for proving a point in our favour?

Back