40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
If I were somehow in charge of approving designs of buildings in Toronto, I would mandate that all new hotels with 15 or more floors, have scenic elevators, by law.

They are cool and fun, no matter what the view out the windows are. Additionally, I hazard to guess, they encourage tourists to see other sights in the city (and spend more money) because of what they may spy out the windows, in their trips up and down.

If the materials are nice, the Delta Toronto could look good. It reminds me a bit of Morris Lapidus, who could pull that kind of thing off. Offices not thrilling me much.

Two office towers look congested. Would have prefered one 45 stories, bigger footprint set back with some public space. Hotel looks promising. - ice

yawn.
The only remotely interesting aspect would be the white squares that dot the Delta tower. I hope they really stand out like that in reality.

Will steel (or anything other than glass) buildings ever make a come back? Non rhetorical question here. We are in dire need of diversity south of the tracks!

A missed opportunity is the first, and last, thought on this one . The site was prime for a single large office building , along with, ( potentially at least ), a complementing Delta. Instead, it's a downtown version ofl those mid-size chain boxes we see at our suburban crossroads. Miississauga gets the Marylin, and Toronto settles for this.

They should put the entire Delta name on the side also. The "D" is eerily close to the "D" in Disney's trademark.

Back