Looks like they are partitioning the former Disney Store (unit 1-833) into more food court vendors:
View attachment 426130
View attachment 426131

Recent openings:
-OAK + FORT near Old Navy
-Warby Parker across from Apple

Upcoming stores:
-Arc'teryx near Old Navy
-Mango in the former Microsoft Store
-Aesop near Hudson's Bay
Could this be where Chick-fil-a is going?

Batting cage dome was demolished at former Playdium sight late last week. Concrete floor is being demolished now. Covering was full of holes and tears, so it was about time.

why are they doing that to the old playdium?
The existing cover for the batting cages had been left to deteriorate by Playdium, with holes being patched as they appeared. The whole structure was in need of replacement by the time Playdium closed. Several large tears appeared in the canvas, plus many smaller holes. With the future being condos, there was no need for the structure.
Sad thing is there are no other options for public batting cages in the area.

The existing cover for the batting cages had been left to deteriorate by Playdium, with holes being patched as they appeared. The whole structure was in need of replacement by the time Playdium closed. Several large tears appeared in the canvas, plus many smaller holes. With the future being condos, there was no need for the structure.
Sad thing is there are no other options for public batting cages in the area.
In 1995 I used to frequent a place in the Burnhamthorpe and Mavis road area called simply "The Batting Cage". It is probably no longer there but I believe it was in the plaza where Canada Computers is.

In 1995 I used to frequent a place in the Burnhamthorpe and Mavis road area called simply "The Batting Cage". It is probably no longer there but I believe it was in the plaza where Canada Computers is.
It was in that area. Visited it a few times. Long gone as well.

That Canada Computers was an Office Depot for the longest time - from the early-mid 90s at the very least.

AoD

Square One Mall (12/10/2022)

pwhp79pay55a1.jpg
uzwpctv4865a1.jpg

Back