Getting a Brothers store too? I think that will be a Canadian first (as the father of two young boys, this is a welcome addition).

Thanks for the link. Looking at the plan leads to a few observations/questions:

Since Simons will only be on the upper level of the old Sears location will the lower level be subdivided into smaller stores or are there any rumours of another anchor downstairs? (Personally, I think Goodlife should consider snapping it up as their current location is woefully under-sized and over-crowded.)

Will Richtree close the Open Kitchen location upstairs after the Natural Market opens in the renovated section or will they operate two locations in the mall?

I see the three unbuilt stores in the same quadrant as Whole Foods/Crate & Barrel are stlll on the plans. Any word on when construction will begin?

What are the mid-sized locations marked "Sears" on the lower level in the area between Walmart and the former Sears store? Are those offices and, if so is there any plan to open up a lower level connection between the two anchor locations?
I think that was Sears storage areas. It's not retail.

Thanks for the link. Looking at the plan leads to a few observations/questions:

Since Simons will only be on the upper level of the old Sears location will the lower level be subdivided into smaller stores or are there any rumours of another anchor downstairs? (Personally, I think Goodlife should consider snapping it up as their current location is woefully under-sized and over-crowded.)

Will Richtree close the Open Kitchen location upstairs after the Natural Market opens in the renovated section or will they operate two locations in the mall?

I see the three unbuilt stores in the same quadrant as Whole Foods/Crate & Barrel are stlll on the plans. Any word on when construction will begin?

What are the mid-sized locations marked "Sears" on the lower level in the area between Walmart and the former Sears store? Are those offices and, if so is there any plan to open up a lower level connection between the two anchor locations?

Richtree, Great American Backrub and Swarovski are all relocating elsewhere in the mall. It's pretty safe to say that hallway will be gone soon enough.

Friday April 11 or the 12 will be the last day for the Post Office and the corridor, as the corridor will be close at the east side of Showcase. The PO relocated to entrance 6 where Showcase was next to the underground parking. the PO will move back to its location in September. This will allow the rebuilding of the corridor without interference from the public.

Looks like Planet Hobby has closed up shop on the lower level. Shelves are empty and the doors are locked. Apparently they have relocated to 720 Burnhamthorpe Rd. Not sure if it was their decision or if mall management squeezed them out.

I didn't say it was. I was asking if there was any plans to open the area up now that Sears was leaving.
Well, considering that the tunnel for the trucks is blocking it, I'm gonna say it's doubtful for now. Maybe if they expand that side of the mall in the future it will be possible.

If they place larger sized tenants in the 2nd level mall corridor between Wal-Mart and Simons, they could have 2 storey retail stores, with the lower levels of each store occupying the former Sears storage areas.

Last edited:
If they place larger sized tenants in the 2nd level mall corridor between Wal-Mart and Simons, they could have 2 storey retail stores, with the lower levels of each store occupying the former Sears storage areas.
They would need exits from those lower stores into the mall I think, or at least to outside. I think it's possible with an expansion, but I doubt they're in any rush for that right now.

Looking at the leasing plan, it looks like they'll be two Tim Horton's (the current location by Wal-Mart and in the new expansion.) I wonder if both will be kept open, considering how few there are in the City Centre.

Champs should open before the end of the month at their new location, as the hording is now gone and boxes of new stuff sitting in the store on Wed.

About time I joined the UT Forum--this thread especially.

A few updates:

-Canada Post has opened across from Management Office

-Lower Level Sears corridor is closed off from after Scotiabank and new Showcase location. (While still accessible, saw an asbestos warning on sealed Sears store.)

-Fancy hoarding is up for many of the new stores/locations (e.g. Build-A-Bear, Kiehl's, Swarovski)

About time I joined the UT Forum--this thread especially.

A few updates:

-Canada Post has opened across from Management Office

-Lower Level Sears corridor is closed off from after Scotiabank and new Showcase location. (While still accessible, saw an asbestos warning on sealed Sears store.)

-Fancy hoarding is up for many of the new stores/locations (e.g. Build-A-Bear, Kiehl's, Swarovski)

Sephora is also moving and taking over the large space between Coach and Brown's. Brown's itself will most likely be re-locating/renovating soon as its store has become quite dated looking.

Back