News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I was at Metro last week and ALL of the organic milk was within 1 day of expiration. Nice.
This kind of thing always happens to be on the rare occasions that I convince myself to go to a Metro. Seriously, one of the worst grocery stores around.

Grand Opening today for the "North" Market which to make life interesting is now south of the market, and is also "temporary". Fire pit set up already, picnic tables around and of course road closures, road closures, road closures. Seriously people do NOT drive downtown. Great neighbourhood - shame about the visitors who insist on driving.

" Great neighbourhood - shame about the visitors who insist on driving."
Rufus8.

The WAR on The Car continues.

J T

"people would enjoy their visit downtown without worrying about parking or getting a ticket"

What of the myriad of dealers at both The Farmers' (Saturday) Market and The Antique (Sunday) Market; they both being more than

just "appreciative of their accommodation" by the City and it's residents? No dealers; no market. I am dare to write that all of those at

The Farmers Market do arrive from without The City with a great number attending the Sunday event also arrive from without.

EG: Welland; Niagara Falls; Kitchener; Hamilton; Barrie; New Market; Orillia; these all being dealers who I personally know. Then, there are the Customers.

They come in all shapes; sizes; beliefs; requirements and wants; attitudes; the list goes on; each having also the same needs to remove

their purchases within their own timely manner. The WAR on The Car is alive and well within "People City"; you do remember that song?

(Upon my retirement, I sold my vehicle for no other reason than it not being required: insurance, not required; parking, not required;

general repair/cleaning, not required; TTC fare - $2.00. This works for you; this works for me; others are not so "fortunate".)

J T

Last edited:
Yes:

Extended Hours during Pan Am/Parapan Am Games (July 7 to August 15):

Tuesdays to Fridays - 8am / 8pm
Saturdays - 5am / 5pm
Sundays - 10am / 5pm
I was in at 5:50pm today and everyone was packing up for the day as usual. Have they really given up on the extended hours already!?

"It seems like a joke. The physical building is open, but none of the vendors are "
T-Bor.

Not actually true, as there are vendor tenants open during the new operating hours; just not as many as expected.

It probably comes-down to The Lease Agreement:

"Will you change your business days and hours to accommodate the 'Games?

"No."

Regards,
J T

Nero Coffee Bar on Frederick appears to be open.

IIRC, it's run by someone from Voodoo Child and someone from Manic Coffee, both on College St.

Edit: it opens on August 1st.

Last edited:
Just a quick pic to show how nice the street scape improvements have been in the St. Lawrence area in preparation for the Pan Am games. Most of the north-south streets have received similar treatments. This is Lower Sherbourne Street.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 488
They still have to finish off the actual intersection at Front & Sherbourne - I'm curious if that is part of this contract or not.

Back