A neighbour forwarded me this response from St Mike's about the ongoing closure of the east sidewalk of Victoria Street.

"The construction of the Peter Gilgan Patient Care Tower is still ongoing and the hoarding on the sidewalk is in place to protect pedestrians from the overhead work. Once it's safe to remove the hoarding, the contractor will be in a position to open the east sidewalk of Victoria street, between Shuter and Queen." Not very helpful!

A neighbour forwarded me this response from St Mike's about the ongoing closure of the east sidewalk of Victoria Street.

"The construction of the Peter Gilgan Patient Care Tower is still ongoing and the hoarding on the sidewalk is in place to protect pedestrians from the overhead work. Once it's safe to remove the hoarding, the contractor will be in a position to open the east sidewalk of Victoria street, between Shuter and Queen." Not very helpful!

Did they do anything to the street level facade along Victoria? I can't imagine they would given it's the ER, but it is one of the harshest stretch of the street.

AoD

Did they do anything to the street level facade along Victoria? I can't imagine they would given it's the ER, but it is one of the harshest stretch of the street.

AoD
New 'siding' is about all apart from getting rid of the entrance onto Victoria (up the stairs/ramp) completely.. It remains a very boring block!

It will be very interesting to see how they build it up to the full 17 floors given the heliport is adjacent to the new addition

Sheet metal workers were on strike for a while.

Cladding work happening today.

This (today's Globe) may explain why this is d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g on and on!

Bondfield Construction audit finds $80-million in improper supplier payments

GREG MCARTHUR AND KAREN HOWLETT
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGOUPDATED NOVEMBER 6, 2019
FOR SUBSCRIBERS

Executives with one of Ontario’s largest builders of public-sector projects participated in a scheme in which the company paid $80-million in suspicious invoices to suppliers who channeled some of the money back to company insiders, auditors have alleged in an investigation report filed in court.

My god, they are still working (??) on the insulation and finishing of the overhang at Queen & Victoria and still blocking the Victoria Street sidewalk. I know Bondfield have $$ problems but this really is crazy. Are they still paying for a sidewalk occupancy permit?

I see that they have made no apparent progress on finishing off the soffit at Queen & Victoria and continue to block sidewalks. The City told me they are still paying the sidewalk occupancy fee but ....

Back