News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The sub prime mortgage mess down here in the states has caused us to request the developer to find a new purchaser of our unit.

We had a buyer who tried to sell their house from May to August with no luck, we put our house on the market on August lowering the price three times and still no offers. The housing market is a mess because no one was regulating the mortgage companies here.

If you are wondering why CND is doing so well over USD, you have your answer.

The sub prime mortgage mess down here in the states has caused us to request the developer to find a new purchaser of our unit.

We had a buyer who tried to sell their house from May to August with no luck, we put our house on the market on August lowering the price three times and still no offers. The housing market is a mess because no one was regulating the mortgage companies here.

If you are wondering why CND is doing so well over USD, you have your answer.
CAD was soaring long before the subprime debt collapse. I don't think it's a large contributing factor.

Sorry to hear that you're losing the unit, but maybe now you'll have a chance to find a unit in a building that isn't absolutely hideous :)

I just pray the karaoke bar has survived... Cabbagetown desperately needs this.

karoke01.jpg

It was in the brochure, so it must be true.

Shut

up.

The karaoke room has been discussed here before - I had just never seen the pic from the brochure, and it startled me, brought it all home, so to speak.

BugeyedBrit - once you've moved in, I'd be very curious to hear how well this amenity is used, and/or how quickly it is abandoned. So odd...

Glady - its the worst ever 'amenity' I have ever seen, and as soon as is humanly possible will campaign for it to be closed and re opened as a kitten sanctuary(as clearly this would be a much better use).....I dearly want the name changed as well....

I agree it looks nice but that's only because it doesn't have the cladding yet. Too bad it can't stay as is.

If you are voting for bare concrete then it's pretty clear what you think of the proposed cladding.

Glady - its the worst ever 'amenity' I have ever seen, and as soon as is humanly possible will campaign for it to be closed and re opened as a kitten sanctuary(as clearly this would be a much better use).....I dearly want the name changed as well....

Kitten sanctuary! LOL! See - now why haven't developers thought of that? That would sell condos! (Not that selling condos is a real problem in this city, but I'm willing to bet that a building could be sold on cat-friendly features alone...)

That reminds me. I once worked with a woman who built an addition to her home, that increased its volume by one-third, just to accommodate her cats and kittens. At that time, she had twelve.

.​

I agree it looks nice but that's only because it doesn't have the cladding yet. Too bad it can't stay as is.

Are you sure about that? it looks like there is an initial coating of "stucco" over the yellow insulation on the lower half. Looking back at the rendering it appears as if it may be a stucco-like finish, just painted a lighter colour...?

Bugeye,
Do you think the Jan 25th move in date is accurate? Are they going to change it again.

We had some good news, we got two offers on our house so we might be able to pull this off afterall.

Mot - no real idea I'm afraid, we were bumped to late March, but have already picked our finishes, so am hopeful its going to be then, I can see another mobile crane outside the buidling as I write, it could either be to take some heavy equipment for the lifts upto the roof, or just maybe, to start de contructing the crane ......will take a walk and try and find out, in the meantime, good luck with the sale.

....Yep, crane is coming down, so must be fairly confident they are pushing ahead with it.....until we can't find any plumbers or tilers of course...

Back