News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

They were cleaning up the mess today, closing Wellesley.

Star2.jpg

Star3.jpg

I'm sure UT forum regulars will be very relieved to know that crews at The Star of Downtown have removed the twisted wreckage of the fallen crane and a shiny new blue crane is up and appears operational. Let's hope this one doesn't blow down today with expected high winds & gusts.
On a serious note, I'm impressed that this was accomplished in 4 days.

I agree, that is fast. They were probably able to get the crane for the Trump building.

RE STAR OF DOWNTOWN

Seems you need a 'real world' viewpoint on this one....

I have actually purchased a unit in this development, and while I am no fan of the name, is the building really that offensive ? The units were indeed sold on price, though not an outright steal, they were more than reasonable, try $265,000 for a 2 bed unit, including parking and a locker, as has been mentioned, try getting that for less than 300,000 in the downtown core, its not easy.

I believe that the area is in need of some re generation, and the developers have been brave taking this site on, it has history, and had been stuck in limbo for nearly 10 years, now finally it can be put to better use and also help bring in some local investment, which would you prefer, us and the condo's or drug pushers?
I was also quite impressed that the crews have managed to change out the crane in 4 days, I am from England, and believe me when I say that this would have screwed the builders for months while they investigated what happened.

Glad to see someone can still get things done in this world.

Congrats on your purchase! I think it's good to know someone on this forum purchased there. I'll be curious to hear how your unit turns out. Criticisms of architecture and marketing aside, there's no reason to make assumptions about quality before the project is built.

Between us on this forum, we have owners representing a fair number of new projects. It would be great to do a comparison of these projects in a couple of years.

Re: re star of downtown

I will endeavour to put something here every so often, we liked some of the finish choices in the model suite, but some looked a bit cheap, so will be keen to see the final range, stainless steel appliances are included as are marble countertops in the Kitchen, complete with underslung sinks, of course the girlfriend wants all sorts of other things, will have to try and reign her in a bit....

Welcome to the forum BUGEYEDBRIT!
Please keep us up to date with your impressions as your new home gets built.

Welcome aboard, BUGEYEDBRIT...we will expect a steady stream of photo-updates! ;)

I declare those two more floors makes for a 20% higher chance of taking the Puglies in 2008 or 9.

I guess I'm the only person here who, based on the rendering, actually doesn't dislike this project. I think the name is corny, the advertising seemed somewhat sketchy to me but I think it will add some much needed character to this section of Wellesley Street.

Considering the buildings around it aren't exactly spectacular... this building could turn out to be the Star of the Neighbourhood.

Back