News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The relatively new Starbucks at Jarvis & Adelaide along with the Yonge & Adelaide location have both closed. Signs are gone and windows are papered.

The one at Eglinton and Laird also just closed.

Though I am sure they may re-open one day in one of the new developments near future Laird station.

One on Lakeshore in Oakville closed, and I heard that the one in Niagara on the Lake closed as well. I know there were a number of planned closures for the Fall.

Other Starbucks closures:

- Dupont & Christie (maybe the most beautiful TO location)
- Danforth & Dewhurst (by Jones)
- Yonge & Asquith (by Bloor)
- Yonge & Avondale (by Sheppard)

Last edited:
The relatively new Starbucks at Jarvis & Adelaide along with the Yonge & Adelaide location have both closed. Signs are gone and windows are papered.

The one at Jarvis & Adelaide was a relocation from Church & Adelaide. I’m surprised it closed so quickly only because it was so new.

It would have been convenient for many George Brown students, if this was a regular school year.

I see that a relatively new Starbucks (1-2 yrs old) at the ground level of a Student condo building on Simcoe St Oshawa near Durham College and Ontario Tech University has closed up. It it interesting that a new Starbucks is under construction about 2 km north of the closed location in a new retail development just south of the 407. I wonder if that one will even bother with opening up.

Another one bites the dust. It says temporarily closed but when I peeked past the window coverings there is no work being done inside. All starbucks branding is gone from the store as well.

20201028_134328.jpg
20201028_134342.jpg

The one in the Holt Renfrew Centre also seems to be closed, although the one a bit further east in the Hudson's Bay Centre seems to be open last time I walked by (and the one in Indigo in Manulife is also still open). I think that whole Yonge/Bloor/Bay/Cumberland area had something like eight or nine at its peak?

Back