News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

He really did revolutionize the human relationship with personal computing. He killed the music store with iTunes, and has put the bookstore and (with Netflix' help) the video store on notice. I've got an iPad and two iMacs, and I just love them. At my desk at the office I have a six year old tower PowerPC Mac and with its recent memory upgrades it still kills the brand new Dell laptop I also use.

Jobs will be missed, at least by the customers, if not by all his co-workers. The company will survive of course, but we must remember that when Jobs left the last time the company launched the useless and expensive Lisa system - only to have Jobs return and kill it with the Macintosh. Also Mac is entering a new world now, where in the past they owned the personal music channel, and before than the desktop publishing biz, they are now just one firm competing for the smart phone customer's attention.

iCoffin2.jpg

Last edited:
I have my issues with Apple products (yes, I love my iPhone and can't wait until iPad 3 comes out next year) but there's no denying that Steve Jobs was a genius and he changed the world more than we truly realize today. A man gone far too soon.

Steve Jobs may go down as one of those icons of American business that changed the world like Henry Ford. The products he introduced had a huge impact on personal technology and consumer culture. He'll be missed.

i don't own any 'i' devices. I have nothing against Apple, except they're a bit over priced and the 14 suicides and many many other humanitarian abuses that have gone on at the plant in China where they make the Iphone doesn't exactly make me want to rush out and buy the latest "i toy "

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it's fair that Apple, as industry leader, gets to wear the brunt of the blame for the Foxconn thing, but the problems relating to working conditions in those Chinese factories are hardly limited to iProducts. The whole consumer electronics industry relies on cheap Chinese labour working in generally substandard conditions.

It's not okay. It should change. But buying an Android Whatever instead of an iPhone isn't helping the situation.

Many working conditions in our own country border on illegal and the stress loads put on people since downsizing became all the rage a dozen or so years ago kill too.

That's very true, but at least we don't have children building I- products!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The world has lost a great visionary, and of course a "crazy one" Proof that you can achieve a lot if you believe in your gut feel, intuition and talents. Hail to steve for not being just another suit walking the hallowed tech walkways of Apple.

He was absolutely unique person in latest time! His heritage will be in our hearts forever! I send Steve big THANKS to IT heaven!

Back