9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4816.jpeg

Sept 5
Finally made it back to have a look what has taken my last visit.

TTC has stake the tracks at York and Queen for the new overhead system. they also strung support lines between poles to support the overhead.

Adelaide/York intersection looks complete.

TTC crew were installing new power line west of Duncan St

The paint job looks good, but expect to see illegal drivers in it as well the bike lane south of Richmond.

There is a TTC pole laying on the ground on Richmond St west of York

There is a large cost and it's not super often a car ends up on one.
I see it every day for the no cars sections approaching intersections of King Street. If it got people into the correct lane, it would help avoid those who are confused.

Heck, I've accidently turned onto the one by turning leftbound Lakeshore, to southbound Bathurst! I'd really have appreciated more and better maintained paintwork!!

Maybe I'm the only one who has made a mistake driving?

Tell us more about this large cost.
The estimated total cost for the bus lane is $240,000. The city's transportation staff says it costs roughly $78,000 to install the bus lane, plus $162,000 in estimated revenue loss from removing street parking. And that's the just the cost for ~5 smallish downtown blocks.

The estimated total cost for the bus lane is $240,000. The city's transportation staff says it costs roughly $78,000 to install the bus lane, plus $162,000 in estimated revenue loss from removing street parking. And that's the just the cost for ~5 smallish downtown blocks.
Well the great thing is, we're not talking about removing street parking and it's associated loss in revenue. We're talking about adding a paint to unpainted, separated ROWs.

The cost to do so wouldnt be anywhere near as high as what you're alluding to.

Well the great thing is, we're not talking about removing street parking and it's associated loss in revenue. We're talking about adding a paint to unpainted, separated ROWs.

The cost to do so wouldnt be anywhere near as high as what you're alluding to.
I posted the full quote for context. 78,000 for 4 Blocks is a pretty big number when you consider how many kilometres of right of way we have?

I posted the full quote for context. 78,000 for 4 Blocks is a pretty big number when you consider how many kilometres of right of way we have?
It's an apples to oranges comparison, some of that quoted cost you're alluding to with the Spadina bus lanes involves signage which wouldnt exactly be needed for ROWs as the signage is already there in most cases.

Back