News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Some of the concrete pouring today.

20240410_102734.jpg

20240410_102757.jpg

20240410_102843.jpg

20240410_102848.jpg

Last edited:
Yonge to Victoria will be completed Thursday subject to weather.

It is possible the section west of Bay could be done by Wedneday next week subject to weather Still got to pour the base at Bay area before doing the trackwork and the final splicing of the rails.

Also, wait, York St is a one way going north, why are they laying 2 sets of tracks?
Because it will be two way down from Queen to Adelaide. That's how streetcars will get to/from Queen. (Great pity they did not add a southbound track from Adelaide to King as it would, surely, be good for diversions but I suppose it MIGHT be part of the 2026 (??) track rebuild on King.

Shame, brand new road and there are already ugly utility cuts, I find whenever they repave one magically shows up a month later
Though there are always too many utility cuts, and some ARE made too soon after repaving, if your complaints are based on the photos just above the sections of Adelaide from Yonge to Victoria and Bay to west of Sheppard have NOT been properly repaired or paved yet. There are also several sections from Bay to Yonge where the utility work is NOT finished and future vaults (??) are covered by metal plates.

Though there are always too many utility cuts, and some ARE made too soon after repaving, if your complaints are based on the photos just above the sections of Adelaide from Yonge to Victoria and Bay to west of Sheppard have NOT been properly repaired or paved yet. There are also several sections from Bay to Yonge where the utility work is NOT finished and future vaults (??) are covered by metal plates.
I'm not sure about the cut in the photo I quoted but I meant more in general, they repaved 1 lane on queensway and within 2 weeks they had 3 cuts

Good to see what looks like work preparing to install second (south-bound) track on York St. (between Adelaide & Richmond).

Back