My lawyer just contacted me today...he mentioned the purchase agreement from concord is fair and sqaure...just be awared of the potential delay of the occupany etc.

did anyone amend the P&S agreement?

is it possible to put a cap on condo development fee

I am buying a pre construction condo with a closing date in 2013 for $300,000, will this be subjected to HST?

Janice Roper:
Yes it will be subject to HST. You may be eligible for the new housing rebate if you are going to live in the condo. The rebate is 71.43% of the provincial portion of HST in BC and 75% in Ontario

Janice Roper:
For new construction homes HST will apply. However both Ontario and BC have new housing rebates where the home is for use as one's primary residence. In BC the rebate is 71.43% of the provincial portion to a maximum of $26,250 (reached when the home is $525,000) and in Ontario the rebate is 75% to a maximum of $24,000 (reached when the home is $400,000).

Would a purchase of a pre-construction condo before July 1st be "grand-parented" and not be subjected to HST?

Janice Roper:
No, in order to be grandparented the purchase must have been before November 19, 2009 in BC or before June 19, 2009 in Ontario. Otherwise it will be subject to HST

did anyone amend the P&S agreement?

is it possible to put a cap on condo development fee

hey zhouyanca - i've been very disappointed with the level of service with concord, its just bullocks there.. i am most likely cancelling the P&S agreement because the "outside occupancy date" is 2017, that means they can delay till then if they wanted to...

does anyone know when the last day is for the 10day cooling period for purchasers on june 16?

hey zhouyanca - i've been very disappointed with the level of service with concord, its just bullocks there.. i am most likely cancelling the P&S agreement because the "outside occupancy date" is 2017, that means they can delay till then if they wanted to...

does anyone know when the last day is for the 10day cooling period for purchasers on june 16?

the 10 days cooling period counts from the date you receive the P&S agreement.

and yes, by law they have up to 4 years for delayed occupancy

has anyone been able to ammend any terms on the agreement?

Is there anything really to amend?

The developer already has all the generic amendments (caps on levy and metering etc.) in the P&S, they did it so that both side wouldn't have to waste time and go through the amendment process again!

But you can think of something new to amend, please share!

...there is no way i would cancel. Regardless if you are purchasing to live or invest, a condo priced like this is a good investment (IMHO). I'm not sure what you mean by "level of service", but that would be a silly reason to cancel (would you rather buy a higher priced condo because a developer gave you "better service"?). I hear that this project has been over-subscribed, so there will be plenty of people that would love to take your unit.

does anyone know when the next sale or release of suites? i would like to purchase, thought there was going to be one this week or something...

Back