i believe tango is for low/mid income owner/renter

and i already paid $425 per sq ft for it (292600/688 sq ft)

so future gain is already partially priced in....

hence it is definitely not worth it to buy a high floor unit

Last edited:
You can do it once after interim closing and final closing.

selling a place after final closing would defeat the purpose of "assignments" (which is to avoid the realtor fees, transfer record in Land Titles Office, and some do it to avoid potenial tracing from Revenue Canada for 'capital gain')

my understanding ... units in Tango can be 'reassigned' after interim occupancy BUT before final closing

selling a place after final closing would defeat the purpose of "assignments" (which is to avoid the realtor fees, transfer record in Land Titles Office, and some do it to avoid potenial tracing from Revenue Canada for 'capital gain')

my understanding ... units in Tango can be 'reassigned' after interim occupancy BUT before final closing

not sure about that

btw does anyone know a good lawyer? my lawyer wont take any pre-con .....so weird
but he did remind to double chk 1. cap on condo development fee 2. adjustments 3.who paid for HST? owner or builder?

Sorry, I meant after interim and before final... :) Oh, as usual, there is a fee for the reassignment.

Are u buying it for investment or you are going to live there? In my opinion concord offers a pretty good VIP discount on this building only average about $370/sqft or so. Keep in mind an average toronto condo (depends on location) is asking somewhere between $430-500/sq ft these days....so i think u can't go wrong it if u are buying knowing it's still below the average condo price. However if u are buying it for investment hoping it's going to be a bit risky cuz who knows what the market is going to look like 3 to 4 yrs from now?

Actually, that's $357 is starting price with downgrade. Non downgrade starting lowest price is $377 for 2 bdrm. 1+1 starting price non-downgrade is $400. I don't know what the prices for the area is going at, but there are many houses nearby. Are they that much psf?

that sucks....lol

anyways, i just wanna free up some cash to buy another pre-con project in DT by tridel

it is too asian/chinese for tango which i dun like......i want diversification.....

I don't think you can escape. There are many asians investing in the downtown area too.

that sucks....lol

anyways, i just wanna free up some cash to buy another pre-con project in DT by tridel

it is too asian/chinese for tango which i dun like......i want diversification.....

I dont think buying condos from different developers is diversification. You will still get caught when the "speculative condo bubble" burst.

Joyce,

If you haven't bought yet at Tango, then I think you are too late. Only units above the 19th Floor are available and I don't think the $1,500 and $2,000 per floor premium is worth it.

Hey Ric,

How do you know floor 5 through 18 is not available? I was thinking of visiting the sales centre tonight or tomorrow.

I dont think buying condos from different developers is diversification. You will still get caught when the "speculative condo bubble" burst.

yeah, i agree, there is no way to diversify condos, everything goes up or down at the same time.

On the other hand, I think Canada has the most stable economy and housing market in the world, especially compared to Asian countries where the housing market is in a big bubble. so I am not too worried about a crash. Things have slowed down a bit, but that's still far from crazy drops we have seen in housing prices in the states.

Actually, that's $357 is starting price with downgrade. Non downgrade starting lowest price is $377 for 2 bdrm. 1+1 starting price non-downgrade is $400. I don't know what the prices for the area is going at, but there are many houses nearby. Are they that much psf?

I don't think you can escape. There are many asians investing in the downtown area too.

The kill breaker is the expensive upper floor premium charge. If you pick 28th floor, it addes $54 psf to the price.

Hey Ric,

How do you know floor 5 through 18 is not available? I was thinking of visiting the sales centre tonight or tomorrow.

I'm a Realtor, I know everything. :cool: LOL.
But seriously, the other floors are sold out. As mentioned b4, the floor premium is very steep and I no longer see Tango as a good "investor" development. My latest calculations based on new pricing and floor premiums results in all -ve cash flow for rental. I would thread carefully here. Those who got in early on this project will do ok.

For those of you looking to actually live in this project; one other word of caution. I can safely say that over 70% of those who bought here are investors. Not sure you all will enjoy living in a rental building, with non-owners who don't give a damn about "pride of ownership".

Last edited:
The kill breaker is the expensive upper floor premium charge. If you pick 28th floor, it addes $54 psf to the price.

I don't think that's even 28th floor? According to someone. 668 sq ft 21fl is 306k (458 psf). 5th fl is 267,800 or 400 psf (no downgrade). That's already 58 psf difference between 5-21 floors.

hmm..not sure if the 306k includes parking.

Last edited:
Concord Agent

So are we allow to exchange/post agent's name ( at least first name ) here? Just wondering...

The reason I ask is that just as agent doesn't have only one of us as their customers, we should be able to chose between different agents pending on their level of services, how well connected they are and the "assigned" units they are able to get for each projects.

Sorry if this topic has been covered in the past, in which case, can someone kindly point me to the thread where Concord Agents contact infos are published?

Back