News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other minorities (gays, Asians, women, Jews) often join right in as deflecting hatred onto blacks distracts from their own stigmatization/ostracization from the status quo.

The only experience I had with racism as a visible minority was in Grade 2 when some kid pulled his eyes back and said "ching chang chong". This was hardly in a cosmopolitan setting but in a lower-middle class schoolyard in Peterborough, Ontario.

If you really believe that women, Asians and gays in Canada deflect the "hatred" impressed upon them by readily spouting racist venom at black people, then you - my irascible friend - are the pot who's calling the kettle black.

The only experience I had with racism as a visible minority was in Grade 2 when some kid pulled his eyes back and said "ching chang chong". This was hardly in a cosmopolitan setting but in a lower-middle class schoolyard in Peterborough, Ontario.

If you really believe that women, Asians and gays in Canada deflect the "hatred" impressed upon them by readily spouting racist venom at black people, then you - my irascible friend - are the pot who's calling the kettle black.

AB you're still wrong about me, even if you can't read this. BTW I'm not at all surprised you'd ridicule someone who speaks in Ebonics, so non-whit... er, Canadian eh :rolleyes:!?!

It's alot easier to mask racism nowadays because the consequences for vocal racists are far greater. That's why terminology like the 'race card' has predominated modern culture. What may be viewed as "Oh My God the Blacks are whining injustices again!" might be an authentic outcry for help, against real cases of discrimination- the best jobs/ neighbourhoods/ social mobilzing oppurtunities reserved for non-blacks. It's not a paranoia, it's an unfiltered observation of what's actually going on out there.

But don't take my word for it. I advise my critics to borrow this book from the local library, Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? It will explain in a far more impartial view the sociological issues at the centre of race relations and growing up black.

It's alot easier to mask racism nowadays because the consequences for vocal racists are far greater. That's why terminology like the 'race card' has predominated modern culture. What may be viewed as "Oh My God the Blacks are whining injustices again!" might be an authentic outcry for help, against real cases of discrimination- the best jobs/ neighbourhoods/ social mobilzing oppurtunities reserved for non-blacks. It's not a paranoia, it's an unfiltered observation of what's actually going on out there.

But don't take my word for it. I advise my critics to borrow this book from the local library, Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? It will explain in a far more impartial view the sociological issues at the centre of race relations and growing up black.

The example you cite is problematic. The term "race card" is mostly used as a response when racial distinction and issues are employed by people of a specific race. It is not inherently racists, but reflects that issues of race are being raised in a political context. It is not always couched in the language your provide.

The trouble with the scenario you offer concerning a response is that either the concerns of black community are ignored because of past experiences (which has happened), or that when a cry for help has been recognized, the response is subsequently considered to be inappropriate, paternalistic or unwanted. The difficulty is that there is never a conclusive statement as to what is actually the matter for all individuals and a community as a whole. It is impossible to state. When holistic solutions are employed, many individuals can suffer negative consequences. When approaching social and racial problems on an individual or personal basis, it becomes impossible to satisfy needs or demands associated to group or group membership. Hence the reason why so many "solutions" like segregated schools are being revisited. There is a belief that such a solution satisfies both. But in the end, it simply cuts people and community from the larger community.

By far those who stand the most to benefit from a "black school" are those students and faculty that do not go to those schools. Once and for all, each mainstream school can exile its troubled or troublesome black kids to the " special school", thus reducing a percentage, no matter how large or small, of its more difficult student body. It's not everyday that a supposedly marginalized group, is willing to remove themselves from the system to the benefit of those left behind.

Next, we need special schools for fat kids, since why should my kid have to sit beside some tub'a lard. Best of all, if we refuse to give in to their demands for sensitivity or inclusion, they'll just up sticks and leave anyway. Yeah...no more fat kids. Next, let's get the Irish...damn them and their Lucky Charms.

The example you cite is problematic. The term "race card" is mostly used as a response when racial distinction and issues are employed by people of a specific race. It is not inherently racists, but reflects that issues of race are being raised in a political context. It is not always couched in the language your provide.

True, but more often than not in the media citing racial inequality is played off for laughs, more often than not protraying the accusor (black person) in a negative connotation instead of considering the validity of his/her convictions. The most recent example of this is the evisceration of Black Hollywood~ in one public-smearing swoop~ in nothing short of blatant racism everyone from Mary J. Blige to Tyler Perry is accused of steroid use. Seriously? No, fucking seriously :eek:?!! Right on the heals of stripping Marion Jones of all her hard-earned Olympic medals and convicting Micheal Vick to prison for a third-party affliation to dogfighting, that goes on everyday knowingly unchecked by police in parts of America. Heck, right here in Toronto black prison guards are getting racist death threats sent to their homes on Christmas. What is this world coming to :rolleyes:?

The trouble with the scenario you offer concerning a response is that either the concerns of black community are ignored because of past experiences (which has happened), or that when a cry for help has been recognized, the response is subsequently considered to be inappropriate, paternalistic or unwanted. The difficulty is that there is never a conclusive statement as to what is actually the matter for all individuals and a community as a whole. It is impossible to state. When holistic solutions are employed, many individuals can suffer negative consequences. When approaching social and racial problems on an individual or personal basis, it becomes impossible to satisfy needs or demands associated to group or group membership. Hence the reason why so many "solutions" like segregated schools are being revisited. There is a belief that such a solution satisfies both. But in the end, it simply cuts people and community from the larger community.

I love how I'm always made out as this rebel naysayer when the only rebutt I can get out of you folks is do nothing, problems will fix themselves. If something benefits a majority and recognizes the special needs of a minority within the total group than what is the issue here? The point of segregated schools as you put it, is to grant oppurtunities the current regime cannot or will not fulfill. I'm sure a classroom with near 50 pupils of all backgrounds will get the same attentiveness of the teachers as a class of 10 would. I revisit again a number of credible black academia coming here and voicing their opinion in favor of afrocentric instituitions. If this issue keeps arising does that not tell you, it won't go away until blacks are treated with the same level of respect afforded to other 'priviledged' ethnic groups in the GTA?

By far those who stand the most to benefit from a "black school" are those students and faculty that do not go to those schools. Once and for all, each mainstream school can exile its troubled or troublesome black kids to the " special school", thus reducing a percentage, no matter how large or small, of its more difficult student body. It's not everyday that a supposedly marginalized group, is willing to remove themselves from the system to the benefit of those left behind.

I suppose free choice doesn't account for much in this country. I think if troubled black teens had a choice between attending a school catering to their specific needs or going to skid row/jail/the morgue, the former doesn't seem so bad.

Next, we need special schools for fat kids, since why should my kid have to sit beside some tub'a lard. Best of all, if we refuse to give in to their demands for sensitivity or inclusion, they'll just up sticks and leave anyway. Yeah...no more fat kids. Next, let's get the Irish...damn them and their Lucky Charms.

This is already happening. Just because of stereotypical protrayals of black youth as streetwise, hardened thugs doesn't mean everyone is cut out for that life. The majority of blacks who turn out that way are as a response of negative feedback from their non-black peers. Sure it's fun to imitiate a black rapper, but most white teens keep actual black peers at arms length. If you didn't attend high school in the GTA you probably wouldn't understand the reality of life here.

aren't they making in the northwest so rex & jnf? jnf i dont know but in rex brown + black get along fine why we need to get seperated. and whoever wrote that when other groups get made fun of they make fun of blacks that bull. when minority get made fun of we tend to stick together more not less.

True, but more often than not in the media citing racial inequality is played off for laughs, more often than not protraying the accusor (black person) in a negative connotation instead of considering the validity of his/her convictions. The most recent example of this is the evisceration of Black Hollywood~ in one public-smearing swoop~ in nothing short of blatant racism everyone from Mary J. Blige to Tyler Perry is accused of steroid use. Seriously? No, fucking seriously :eek:?!! Right on the heals of stripping Marion Jones of all her hard-earned Olympic medals and convicting Micheal Vick to prison for a third-party affliation to dogfighting, that goes on everyday knowingly unchecked by police in parts of America. Heck, right here in Toronto black prison guards are getting racist death threats sent to their homes on Christmas. What is this world coming to :rolleyes:?

I love how I'm always made out as this rebel naysayer when the only rebutt I can get out of you folks is do nothing, problems will fix themselves. If something benefits a majority and recognizes the special needs of a minority within the total group than what is the issue here? The point of segregated schools as you put it, is to grant oppurtunities the current regime cannot or will not fulfill. I'm sure a classroom with near 50 pupils of all backgrounds will get the same attentiveness of the teachers as a class of 10 would. I revisit again a number of credible black academia coming here and voicing their opinion in favor of afrocentric instituitions. If this issue keeps arising does that not tell you, it won't go away until blacks are treated with the same level of respect afforded to other 'priviledged' ethnic groups in the GTA?

I suppose free choice doesn't account for much in this country. I think if troubled black teens had a choice between attending a school catering to their specific needs or going to skid row/jail/the morgue, the former doesn't seem so bad.

This is already happening. Just because of stereotypical protrayals of black youth as streetwise, hardened thugs doesn't mean everyone is cut out for that life. The majority of blacks who turn out that way are as a response of negative feedback from their non-black peers. Sure it's fun to imitiate a black rapper, but most white teens keep actual black peers at arms length. If you didn't attend high school in the GTA you probably wouldn't understand the reality of life here.

it true me, as a kid who got expelled and now has to go to MCI get this. i may be in same class as everyone and supposed to be "friends" but whenever something come up you know like this kid from around woodbine who was moving to Romania was my boi. we were close known since grade 5. yet this girl made a going away party and he wanted me to come guess who couldn't come to his own boiz going away party? me. stuff like that makes you realize that while these white kids try and act all hood and stuff in reality they scared of us and hate us. not all but a lot.

it true if i bring up the fact in class let say history or somehting like last year when we were on issues today i said ye racism still exist it still there. holy every white kid + teacher in class got up screaming no no no this canada. like when you bring it up people just say you looking for trouble or making a excuse even though many times it like actually there. but also what you mean by non-black peers and more privileged ethnic groups. just say white it aint hard. because non-black include brown and believe me go anywhere unlike states you see brown and black kids playing together chilling and not good part in same gangs.
and you have to realize that there are already a bunch of schools where unwanted kids get dumped like Central Tech. and if you make a school for blacks now you have the 2 out of 3 groups at bottom covered 1st nation and black. wanna guess which group left?

also about respect that because of media. since Canada Media dominated by USA Media you get all the stuff about all brown + black being criminals and everything and while many people will say it bull the sterotypes start to get hammered into the back of people's minds after awhile. examples are principals who unknowingly many times will treat the dark kids lower than the white kids. (dark = brown+black made everything simpler)

i said ye racism still exist it still there.

Yes, due to people like you , with a chip on your shoulder, that you will not let go of.
You perpetuate racism, and then attempt to blame 'whitey'.

Yes, due to people like you , with a chip on your shoulder, that you will not let go of.
You perpetuate racism, and then attempt to blame 'whitey'.

no dont know what the word before racism mean but i noticed that the younger the population the less there is. people who like 50+ hate us while girls our age love us :D but generally it proly because older people raised around so cant let go. how dont i let go of racism? i call it like i see it many asian people also racist to dark people saying we live like animals and all this other bull. i never said only white people can be racist. but saying generally because older white people in power if they racist has a bigger impact.

example is a dark homeless guy can be racist all he want but he cant really do nothing to other people so while it may matter from let's say a kind of bettering everyone kind of way he cant stop nobody else from doing their thing and trying to make it. the older white person in power can secretly deny employment to minorites so it would have a huge impact on other people's lives. that's my point like most people aint racist but at the higher ranks there's more of it and it has a bigger impact on the general population esp us.

edit- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perpetuate so you mean i keep racism alive? LOL so if other people are racist to me like police, older white people in power etc aka people who aint below 30 (excluding police) it my fault? that a messed up way to look at stuff? like saying it was jew's fault for getting gassed? :( messed up

example is a dark homeless guy can be racist all he want but he cant really do nothing to other people

Maybe you'll understand this:

You da idiot bigot who make racism live...look up the words you don't understand.

You...that means YOU, perpetuate racism, YOU need to let it go, so that the rest of us, who aren't racists like yourself can go on with life...YOU need to grow up! YOU need to look in a mirror and see the bigot staring back at you....do something about it, instead of whining like a spoiled little bigoted brat, like you do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back