News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

@AlbertC

As for those lucky numbers............might need a bit more than 2M for those..........

Closest Listing I could find on Beech:

The asking is over 4.2M

Now if you're willing to slum it.......up hill from the Lake............this one is only a asking a bit over 2M

LOL

Last edited:
@AlbertC

As for those lucks numbers............might need a bit more than 2M for those..........

Closest Listing I could find on Beech:

The asking is over 4.2M

Now if you're willing to slum it.......up hill from the Lake............this one is only a asking a bit over 2M

LOL

Could probably try low-balling that one down to $4 million flat. Luckily, Canadian lottery winnings aren't taxable, so that amount is still fine. ;)

Just gotta make smart decisions on investing the remaining money. Those stock dividends have to help pay for the property tax and utilities. I could probably do the landscaping myself to save on those expenses. 😝

The Beach BIA welcomes retail management students as part of project to support business growth in the area

Feb 5, 2022

The Beach BIA has partnered with the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University to match retail management students with local shops to support business growth over the coming months.

Japanese fried chicken franchise, Torisho, is opening their first Canadian location at 1940 Queen Street East in the Beaches area later this year:

Not too far from me, will likely check that out.....

Ambitious starting off in the Beach, that area has stifled more than a few restos over the years.

Not too far from me, will likely check that out.....

Ambitious starting off in the Beach, that area has stifled more than a few restos over the years.

Making their debut in the Beaches does seem like an against the grain type of move. Typically, you'd imagine a chain like that to look at downtown Dundas, Yonge Street or maybe Bloor/Bathurst area to appeal to post secondary students or up in North York CC.

Curious to see how they do in the area over there. One thing that the Beaches do have going for them is the appeal for visitors in the summer time.

Proposal for an additional floor to be added onto this multi-unit residential building. Located pretty much at the eastern most edge of Queen Street East.

According to Google Maps, this building has been going through various ongoing renovation work already:

3029 QUEEN ST E
Ward 20: Scarborough Southwest

To permit the construction of an additional storey plus mechanical penthouse to an existing 3-storey building for the addition of 2 residential units and to convert an existing carport to a garage.

quene.JPG

Proposal for an additional floor to be added onto this multi-unit residential building. Located pretty much at the eastern most edge of Queen Street East.

According to Google Maps, this building has been going through various ongoing renovation work already:

3029 QUEEN ST E
Ward 20: Scarborough Southwest

To permit the construction of an additional storey plus mechanical penthouse to an existing 3-storey building for the addition of 2 residential units and to convert an existing carport to a garage.

View attachment 381591

Docs with elevation drawings posted:

quebe.JPG

An ongoing petition calling to clean up empty storefronts throughout the Beaches retail strip, with addresses including:

1982 Queen Street East
1984 Queen Street East
2026, 2028, 2030, 2032, 2036, 2038 Queen Street East
2052 Queen Street East

Both sets of those have been vacant for ages, and it really is a blight on the area.

Former Starbucks:

1646485725994.png

High traffic spot, beside an LCBO and Shoppers. Been vacant since at least 2018

1646485883403.png

These stores are right beside the Foodland supermarket, just west of Lee Avenue. Great traffic levels. The most easterly unit went vacant in 2019, the rest in ~ early '21

1646486031210.png

Above is a former pet-food store, and before that Shoppers Drug Mart and one-time (before I was alive) Loblaws. Second unit east of Lee. Next to TD Bank, Foodland just across Lee, 1/2 a block from the bus stop.

No reason this should still be sitting empty. Its been empty since ~mid '20 I think . At least this one is being actively marketed, that certainly isn't clear w/the other spots.

Last edited:
Both sets of those have been vacant for ages, and it really is a blight on the area.

Former Starbucks:

View attachment 383398

High traffic spot, beside an LCBO and Shoppers. Been vacant since at least 2018

View attachment 383399

These stores are right beside the Foodland supermarket, just west of Lee Avenue. Great traffic levels. The most easterly unit went vacant in 2019, the rest in ~ early '21

View attachment 383400

Above is a former pet-food store, and before that Shoppers Drug Mart and one-time (before I was alive) Loblaws. Second unit east of Lee. Next to TD Bank, Foodland just across Lee, 1/2 a block from the bus stop.

No reason this should still be sitting empty. Its been empty since ~mid '20 I think . At least this one is being actively marketed, that certainly isn't clear w/the other spots.

The Seventh Wave Bistro is another notable example.

It burned down during Streetcar construction in 2005 but nobody ever fully removed the building envelope or did anything with the space. Its empty shell has been sitting there for 17 years burned out.

https://streeter.ca/toronto/news/fire-wipes-out-queen-buildings/

Screenshot_20220306-075424_Maps.jpg

It seems that the Beach(s) has lost some of its allure. I used to go there regularly in the 90's for the restaurants and the general feel of the neighbourhood. I'm sure Covid hasn't helped but the retail and restaurant scene isn't what it used to be. Or perhaps my interests have changed profoundly.

Back