News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

1692065272830.png

I like Victor and his passion for sport, family and commitment to all things successful, but do wonder if he has become a hurdle here.

the team's board of directors lost it's way a very long time ago - all you had to do to recognize that was look at the relationship with the team's alumni whether they were still in edmonton or whether they'd moved on.

victor cui was potentially the one good move they made in the last decade and a half or more but it was like he was expected to do the job with his hands tied behind his back while wearing a blindfold. on the other hand, that's probably appropriate garb for those fans that still remain...

It's time to hire a football guy to be team president. Look what happened in Winnipeg. Wade Miller was a solid player for years, cut his chops in the business community and became CEO of the Bombers in 2013 and look what's happened there. Some Grey Cups, a solid attendance spike and WINNING!

Sean Flemming has to be considered if they decide to go that route. He's been passed over way too many times.

What was the reported crowd last game?
Apparently just under 20k. If that is the case then that may be the first time they had an announced crowd under 20k since the early 70s. An oh and 9 start to the season, a new North American sports record for consecutive home losses and crowds under 20k - and the depressing thing is that it could still get worse. Massive changes are required and this is where it starts I guess.

It's time to hire a football guy to be team president. Look what happened in Winnipeg. Wade Miller was a solid player for years, cut his chops in the business community and became CEO of the Bombers in 2013 and look what's happened there. Some Grey Cups, a solid attendance spike and WINNING!

Sean Flemming has to be considered if they decide to go that route. He's been passed over way too many times.

They can always bring back Len Rhodes!

But on a more serious note, I do like your idea of Sean Fleming as the new CEO. But that's assuming he wants that role.

They can always bring back Len Rhodes!

But on a more serious note, I do like your idea of Sean Fleming as the new CEO. But that's assuming he wants that role.
Yeah, his name has come up numerous times and every time they've gone a different direction.

Enough of these marketing guys (Rhodes, Cui). It's time to get a football mind in this role.

^
cui was much more than a "marketing guy" and he's been with the elks less than 19 months. the team's problems long predate his arrival and his leaving won't solve them.

^
cui was much more than a "marketing guy" and he's been with the elks less than 19 months. the team's problems long predate his arrival and his leaving won't solve them.
We need a football minded president running this team now. And yes he is a marketing guy. He had no football background coming into this role. Ken, remember Hugh Campbell? Remember how well his teams were run? We need that again. Someone along those lines.

I wish Cui had stayed but there's reports out there that he was hard to work with in their front office.

Back