News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ian, you got to put this on SSP and every where else so that we can squash all the happy feelings YYC'ers are getting on Monday with their new "Event Center/Costco Warehouse." lol

NM....I see that you did...well done!

Last edited:
I must confess to watching the second half of yesterday’s game in Ottawa as the Elks maintained there perfect record on the drain so far.

Disappointed? On reflection I would have to say no. You have to have expectations in order to be disappointed.

I was never a big Chris Jones fan and won’t miss him but the timing of his departure at the start of a short week was strange although better later than never.

Given that the team is rapidly running out of cash, maybe they should just turn the ball and the team over to Trey Ford and let him play sand lot football for the rest of the year with whoever he wants.

Realistically what are the Elks worth? This is a pro franchise in a (dying) league that relies on gate revenues for nine home games a year. Is it worth even $20m?

Heard a rumor it could be James H Brown, the local injury lawyer. He's been a long time supporter of the Eskies/Elks, and his son even played for them in the 90s iirc. His firm has 15 lawyers on the roster, wouldn't doubt if he has some real pretty deep pockets.

Back