News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Ian, you got to put this on SSP and every where else so that we can squash all the happy feelings YYC'ers are getting on Monday with their new "Event Center/Costco Warehouse." lol

NM....I see that you did...well done!

Last edited:
I must confess to watching the second half of yesterday’s game in Ottawa as the Elks maintained there perfect record on the drain so far.

Disappointed? On reflection I would have to say no. You have to have expectations in order to be disappointed.

I was never a big Chris Jones fan and won’t miss him but the timing of his departure at the start of a short week was strange although better later than never.

Given that the team is rapidly running out of cash, maybe they should just turn the ball and the team over to Trey Ford and let him play sand lot football for the rest of the year with whoever he wants.

Realistically what are the Elks worth? This is a pro franchise in a (dying) league that relies on gate revenues for nine home games a year. Is it worth even $20m?

Heard a rumor it could be James H Brown, the local injury lawyer. He's been a long time supporter of the Eskies/Elks, and his son even played for them in the 90s iirc. His firm has 15 lawyers on the roster, wouldn't doubt if he has some real pretty deep pockets.

By 'Commonwealth' they probably mean a new stadium in ICE District Phase 2...same rumour we all know about.
Does this rumor exist anywhere other than this forum? I feel like its an idea championed by a few people here but I've never heard it anywhere else.

Another embarrassing game and other than a small stretch in the 4th, pretty bad ball.

^

Tres Ford should have been given the ball halfway through the second quarter when it was 8-6 Elks and not halfway through the fourth quarter when the game was way out of hand (if not games ago).

They’re saying they didn’t so he wouldn’t lose his confidence but they’ve probably sacrificed MBT’s confidence as a result.

PS Am I the only one who missed seeing the Double E logo on the field and on the uniforms and on the helmets? Record notwithstanding, if the team wants some respect perhaps it should think a little bit more about showing some. :(

The name change was the catalyst for this storied franchise's downfall into the depths of despair. Now it's the Stampeders turn to change their name!!! Isn't a Stampeder a "white privileged, male marauder of Native Americans whilst riding a chuckwagon and horses?" Why hasn't there been an uproar over their name?

^

Tres Ford should have been given the ball halfway through the second quarter when it was 8-6 Elks and not halfway through the fourth quarter when the game was way out of hand (if not games ago).

They’re saying they didn’t so he wouldn’t lose his confidence but they’ve probably sacrificed MBT’s confidence as a result.

PS Am I the only one who missed seeing the Double E logo on the field and on the uniforms and on the helmets? Record notwithstanding, if the team wants some respect perhaps it should think a little bit more about showing some. :(
Has anyone else noticed that every other CFL stadium has a sponsor?

Take all this all with a grain of salt but on Sports 1440 yesterday they let slip the name Larry Thompson as the rumored new owner. I also was told, from a family member, who heard at some sort of event of Edmonton's rich and famous last week that the rumored new owner is a self made guy who recently sold his construction company for "100s of millions of dollars". I did a search on Larry Thompson and found an article noting that Thompson Construction Group, based out of Spruce Grove, was sold to a Vancouver firm last year. Again, take all the above with a grain of salt.

Nice to see the Double E no longer hidden on this helmets.

Nice to see the resiliency after that opening kickoff TD by Saskatchewan.

Nice you see Tres Ford at quarterback and nice to see his stat lines,

Nice to see a successful running game although having Tres Ford at quarterback probably helps that as well.

And nice to see a well earned win.

Back