News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Also about the Junction...

That was an incredible photo, by the way! And here's to hoping the neighbourhood still bustles like that!

I am going to an info session on a new condo in the Junction on Saturday. I’m really excited about the building and judging from the past performance of the company behind it (Options For Homes – they have built three of the condos in the Distillery District and the gorgeous 650 Lawrence where a friend of mine very happily lives) I’m seriously considering this as my first experience with buying a home.

Are any of you currently living in the area and may be able to tell me a little about it? I will be walking around on Saturday, but I would love to hear from someone currently living there for a more in depth review. Thanks!

-- Jess

Options for Homes

That was an incredible photo, by the way! And here's to hoping the neighbourhood still bustles like that!

I am going to an info session on a new condo in the Junction on Saturday. I’m really excited about the building and judging from the past performance of the company behind it (Options For Homes – they have built three of the condos in the Distillery District and the gorgeous 650 Lawrence where a friend of mine very happily lives) I’m seriously considering this as my first experience with buying a home.

Are any of you currently living in the area and may be able to tell me a little about it? I will be walking around on Saturday, but I would love to hear from someone currently living there for a more in depth review. Thanks!

-- Jess

Hi Jess, we just bought a condo there, can't wait to move in! This builder has a great reputation also thefloor plans are really creative, we bought a 2 bedroom but it's really a 3 bedroom plus den, the prices are incredible too :)
Check out the Facebook site:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7443844255

We're on Quebec ave, the Junction is looking better and better with each passing day, there are many new shops, some of them organic (including organic cholocate :p), the building location is only a 10 min. walk from the Keele subway. Do you have kids?

To urbandreamer

No, that's not Crema, but it's right on the corner of Quebec ave, beside Pilates studio.

"Delight" organic chocolate is AMAZING, they have everything from candy to hot chocolate, I guarantee they'll stay alive, you should see how many people visit that place every day LOL :p

I'm advertizing all the businesses I like for free on my new "Junction Parents" site :)

Mackitty

What are you waiting for? I already have a play date with a couple of moms in the area this week :)

1. what is the status of that railway bike patch that was supposed to be from dupont and dundas to king and portland or queen and ossington or something like that? the information available seems outdated on the webpage and i was just wondering if this project was totally halted? its a shame because i can't wait to be living at the junction and riding my bike to the core of downtown...i already do walks...it takes about an hour and a half..

It was just approved
Where abouts are you moving?

I walk downtown all the time, it takes me an hour and a half as well, but only if I walk along Dundas.

Junction P: Is Crema going in the building on the right of this photo?
annettejunctionmarch2008pictures137.jpg

So you walk from Quebec Avenue all the way downtown (or at least to Ossington) along Dundas St? Wow! So do I....:)

So what is going here? On the weekend (and yesterday) I saw some young guys renovating the space. It's pretty big even if the exterior is ugly. A bar?
annettejunctionmarch2008pictures138.jpg

It was just approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo! They should begin working on it right away.

When did you find out about this? They started working slowly about a year ago. I couldn't believe that they're building the whole thing to Queen Street. Tell me that they are :) .

The “Hasty Market†had a building permit taken out around year ago for a restaurant we an exterior patio. No idea what it might be now but it’s a big place inside with exposed brick and hardwood. It would make a nice restaurant.

Does anybody know where we can get a look at the plans or renderings of the Runnymede healthcare centre? I’ve looked all over the net and can only find one picture. I’m not expecting a drawing set but a few shots would be great.

Also is the Village by High Park site 2 or 3 buildings?

403 Keele has permits out for the following so I assume 3 but I only see plans for 2 on the options for homes web site.

New 24 storey mixed use residential and commercial building Phase 1

New 12 and 16 storey apartment building Phase 2

-- Jess

hey spezzie and junction parents, apparently you guys didn't see this long-going thread!

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=836

lol looks like a lot of neighbors in urbantoronto!

1. what is the status of that railway bike patch that was supposed to be from dupont and dundas to king and portland or queen and ossington or something like that? the information available seems outdated on the webpage and i was just wondering if this project was totally halted? its a shame because i can't wait to be living at the junction and riding my bike to the core of downtown...i already do walks...it takes about an hour and a half..

It was just approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo! They should begin working on it right away.

Where abouts are you moving?

I walk downtown all the time, it takes me an hour and a half as well, but only if I walk along Dundas.

awesome! where did you find out it was approved?

Alli's Bakery

I know most of the news in the Junction thread has been about new retail on the Dundas strip, but you might be interested to know that Alli's Bakery (she sells her yummy bread and baked goods at St. Lawrence Market, Dufferin Grove Farmers Market, Riverdale Farmers Market) recently opened premises on St. Clair West just east of Old Weston (close to the library). Her spicy potato patties are to die for and well worth a trip (it's only about a 10-15 minute walk from Dundas/Keele). See below for the menu of other goodies :D

"Alli's exceptional breads and sweets have been available to the Saturday morning clientele at the St. Lawrence Farmers' Market for 15 years.

BREADS: Basil, Beet root, Black Bread, Leek & Saffron, Cracked Wheat, Calamata Olive, Dark Rye, Healthy Brown, Potato Sea Salt, Olive Oil & Onion, Cheddar, Raisin, Light Wholewheat, Oatmeal, Black Mustard & Peppercorn, Malt Water Bagels, Cornbread, 5-Grain, Unbleached White, Garlic Oregano, Potato Rosemary, Rice Bread, Roasted Garlic & Cornmeal, Roasted Red Pepper, Rosemary & Asiago, Sage & Onion, Sun-dried Tomato Twist, Sweet Potato, Carrot Bread, Hot Chili, Focaccia, Sourdough Rye, Gluten-free Brown Rice.

SWEETS: Farmer's, Banana Walnut, Blueberry Yogurt, and Lemon loaves. Scones: Plain English, Raisin or Cheddar Cheese, Scottish Scones with Dates. Cinnamon Buns. Superwoman Cookie (full of nuts, seeds, raisins, oats, chocolate, bran & coconut). Gluten-free Carrot Cake"

Railpath update

When did you find out about this? They started working slowly about a year ago. I couldn't believe that they're building the whole thing to Queen Street. Tell me that they are :) .

Here's an update I received this week....

From Dave Nosella, Toronto Parks March 25, 08

“Our tender closed February 22nd, and after review, we are recommending award to the low bidder, Mopal Construction Ltd. A report will be going forward to Bid Committee shortly, and we will be executing a contract with Mopal probably towards the end of April. Construction should start early in May. The full scope of work will be awarded, thanks to some funding assistance from Transportation Division, although the timing of construction north of Dupont Street is still to be sorted out. Negotiations with Go Transit are ongoing regarding their potential use of the lands temporarily for trucking material off site from their rail grade separation project. Our work will start this spring regardless.

Anticipated completion of the project is June 2009.â€
:D:D:D:D

The Gathering Space

The Gathering Space has issued their April events calendar which I wanted to upload but the pdf is a little over the maximum allowed, which is too bad as it contained a lot of information. Lots to do with something for everyone.

Many folks will have no doubt run into the Gathering Space crew at some time or another, but for those of you not familiar with this arts initiative check out their web site/blog spot.

http://gatheringspace.blogspot.com/

urbandreamer

Is Crema going in the building on the right of this photo?

YES

So you walk from Quebec Avenue all the way downtown (or at least to Ossington) along Dundas St? Wow! So do I....:)

Yes, I walk downtown (to City Hall) taking different routes, sometimes via Bloor, Dundas, Through Roncesvalles along Queen...etc.. I have to walk a lot with my newborn in the stroller, this is the only way she likes to sleep unfortunately :eek: Sometimes I explore the city all day long, the best way to see is to walk :)

So what is going here? On the weekend (and yesterday) I saw some young guys renovating the space. It's pretty big even if the exterior is ugly. A bar?

I hope it's not another bar, Junction has enough bars already. I know this place sold recently, but I don't have any specifics, sorry.

Here's an update I received this week....

From Dave Nosella, Toronto Parks March 25, 08

“Our tender closed February 22nd, and after review, we are recommending award to the low bidder, Mopal Construction Ltd. A report will be going forward to Bid Committee shortly, and we will be executing a contract with Mopal probably towards the end of April. Construction should start early in May. The full scope of work will be awarded, thanks to some funding assistance from Transportation Division, although the timing of construction north of Dupont Street is still to be sorted out. Negotiations with Go Transit are ongoing regarding their potential use of the lands temporarily for trucking material off site from their rail grade separation project. Our work will start this spring regardless.

Anticipated completion of the project is June 2009.â€
:D:D:D:D

Exactly, they just got more money, will be official in a couple of weeks, don't ask me how I know, sorry :)

Back