• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
`
milann16.jpg

Glad to see this moving along.

Though these delays have to be incurring additional costs.

This project fills me with dread. Conservatory Group has no business building anything south of the 401.

Well, the render doesn't look too bad, and that open space has been a very unpleasant gap on Yonge Street for so long that I'm happy to see it disappear.

This project fills me with dread. Conservatory Group has no business building anything south of the 401.

That's pretty pessimistic, and I understand why given past projects, but lets try to be optimistic here, and hope that perhaps as a company they might start building a product that looks more appealing superficially speaking. Maybe they will eventually in order to compete and maybe this one will be a good start. Who knows? All I know is the project is still deep in the ground, so lets just see how it does, I wouldn't worry about it too much, its not at a signature location imo.

The Libfields are worth over $600 million. They don't really need to compete. The Conservatory Group's buildings are aesthetically average at best however, I can't say they've built an ugly eyesore. I think Milan will be okay given its rendering.

Milan is one of our most popular Blog posts...the location is not the best, the gas station stays, maybe that gas station could be turned into a future plug-in for new electric cars.Great pictures, I can even see the Gas station!

Taken late last week with shitty BB camera. Not much progress. The demo guys did not want me take this pic for some reason...

milan060211.jpg

you guys dont think Yonge @ Church/Davenport is a signature location? I would certainly have said it was. not like its mid block on a side street. I hope the finished product is of acceptable quality and I too look forward to having this obvious gap filled in.

Last edited:
It's allright, but Milan neighbours an apartment tower, a gas station, subway tracks a donut shop (if it's still there) and a Canadian Tire. The area is great but that immediate neighbourhood is a bit behind the scenes.

That reminds me, I've never eaten at that donut shop, considering the many long hours I spent staring at it from the TRL.

Is this corner desirable? Well to be honest, no--or at least not yet. It's fantastic if you're a bookworm though.

Back