• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
I'm just waiting for Canadain Tire to go highrise... just think how great it would be to be able to pick up a few nuts and bolts at CT and then hop straight on the elevator up to your unit! ;)

The donut shop is now King Palace, a Pakistani/Indian takeout joint that is a local favourite of cabbies (there are usually several parked out front). The big donut sign is still there, albeit reclad.

The donut shop is now King Palace, a Pakistani/Indian takeout joint that is a local favourite of cabbies (there are usually several parked out front). The big donut sign is still there, albeit reclad.

and a local favourite of mine! Awesome curries, and the kashmiri tea is balla!! Amazing when ur coming back from downtown after a nice night out...(next day can be rough though...)

I wonder if you'll feel the trains when they go by.

milanm01.jpg

As soon as that gas station goes, I'll consider this corner a pretty splendid part of town.

Looking a bit beyond the immediate locale, Milan residents will be a short walk from Park street and Rosedale Valley, and a short jaunt from Yorkville, just to name two places. This is a great starting point for so many interesting walks.

Looking a bit beyond the immediate locale, Milan residents will be a short walk from Park street and Rosedale Valley, and a short jaunt from Yorkville, just to name two places. This is a great starting point for so many interesting walks.

I definitely agree, this is a great location. You have everything you need whether it a nice stroll in Yorkville, shopping on Bloor, walking around in Rosedale, many restaurants etc. I used to live in the area and loved it. Its nice to see this part being developed, and I hope that gas station goes soon.

The gas station, Canadian Tire (god forbid) and that former donut shop all need to go to make this corner more viable. It's just really scattered right now, but it has a tremendous amount of potential.

Just musing today, looking out my window. Will this tower be visible, from where i'm at, 14th floor Verve facing north? Traynor you could probably figure this out.

Wow of lot of Gas Station haters... I sure hope they don't own vehicles and instead ride their bikes and take public transit as I do. It's the same as people that want lower and lower taxes but better and better roads and infrastructure... They are mutually exclusive. You can't own an SUV and bemoan gas stations. However, they could be made more attractive and be disguised better. In the old days they could incorporate Petrol Stations in the drive through garages of large buildings. Though, I suppose the old "Explosive and Flammable Atmosphere in a closed space" thing rules that out in this safety conscious world.

Anyway... To quickly answer your question Register123, I estimated your line of sight and view from your apartment with Google Maps and Google Earth. When Milan tops out you should be able to clearly see it right next to 8 Park Road (the Condo to the right of the Marriott on Bloor). However, judging by the line of sight, you may not see much of it for long when X2 is built and blocks most of the view of it.

5574618168_dc34737d2b_b.jpg

(Courtesy Google Maps)

5574618400_45dd345414_b.jpg

(3D image Courtesy Google Earth and Sketch-up)

Last edited:
As soon as that gas station goes, I'll consider this corner a pretty splendid part of town.

What surprises me is that we haven't yet gotten creative with them and either started integrating them better or else concealing them altogether.

We're always going to need them, so why not take the opposite tack and get imaginative?

Back