News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If you think it's bad enough inside a shopping mall, there's a location right beside a gate at T1 in Pearson. On a flight to Vancouver, I noticed that a lady had bought a bag of Lush cosmetics (who would even do that in the first place?) and I was afraid it would get recirculated throughout the cabin for the next 5 hours.

They do. Employees mist the clothing and air duct vents all over the store periodically through the day..

It took me a while to figure out that the smell outside of Hollister in the Eaton Centre was actually intentional, as their sibling store Abercrombie and Fitch farther south in the mall didn't reek to me at all. Reading up on it taught me that it's a very important part of their marketing and that scent will become an even bigger part of retail in time.

Here are some other scents that I'm sure will be used to nauseate us more in the future:

Talcum powder: Feel safe, secure and nostalgic
Peppermint, citrus: Be more alert
Lavender, vanilla, chamomile: Relax
Barbecue smoke: Perceive a room as being smaller
Apple, cucumber: Perceive a room as larger
Leather, cedar: Buy expensive furniture
Fresh baked goods: Buy a home
Tailored floral/citrus scents: Browse longer and spend more
Unpleasant smells (rotting rubbish, air pollution): Develop road rage – although why retail marketers would want consumers to develop road rage in stores is somewhat baffling.
Pumpkin pie/lavender (for men) and the sweat of nursing mothers (for women): sexual arousal

http://airsensenews.com is a neat-o blog which covers a lot of the newest trends in scent marketing. Lord help us all when the internet has smell-o-vision...

So I finally complained to CF about the smell after it got particuarly bad walking by a few days ago.

Here is their response:

"As well, I know that Lush tends to advertise their scents in a unique way, I will forward your concern to them, regarding the abundance of ordor. "

I don't mind stores using scent, as long as it's not too overpowering. Shanghai Tang is the best smelling store. It's not really noticeable until you are just inside the entrance.

Something's dawned on me: does anyone ever discuss that pungent french fry greasy odour that emanates outside the lower-level SE corner of Union Station?

My girlfriend's a big lushy.

Lush doesn't realy sell cosmetics or perfumes. They sell things like soaps, cleansers, moisturizers, bath and shower stuff, and massage bars.

They've actually got a few cool "guy soaps" too.

My girlfriend's a big lushy.

Speaking of girlfriend being a big lushy
77b1ec3d465d8f730844814b1fbd.jpeg

I once went into a place like that in Ottawa - and my throat closed up.

I can't say that I'm a fan.

Absolutely horrible

Unfortunately, I have to work near one of those atrocities. I actually find myself crossing the street to get away from the stench.

If you think it's bad enough inside a shopping mall, there's a location right beside a gate at T1 in Pearson. On a flight to Vancouver, I noticed that a lady had bought a bag of Lush cosmetics (who would even do that in the first place?) and I was afraid it would get recirculated throughout the cabin for the next 5 hours.
Here Here. The LUSH in Terminal One stinks to high heaven. There oughta be a law.....

I smelled it upon leaving the subway, and thought of this thread before turning my head and confirming that there was a Lush there. It smelled like fruit loops, actually :) .

Back