News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Excuse my OT interruption of this thread for some old music that I'm enjoying tonight...........

An operatic metal version of Phantom of the Opera by Nightwish:

Nightwish was an awesome band back in their peak days. I consider myself lucky that I got to see them during that period when they played at The Opera House in 2004. I saw them again at The Docks in 2007 but by then they were with their second singer, and it just wasn't the same.

We may have met; and never realized it! (and pre-UT too)

Actually that show was at the Opera House - see my edited post.

Yeah, maybe! What a great show that was! One of my favourites.

I'm pretty sure I've been on UT since the 90's!

Actually that show was at the Opera House - see my edited post.

Yeah, maybe! What a great show that was! One of my favourites.

I'm pretty sure I've been on UT since the 90's!

UT vet though you are..........my understanding is that UT was founded in 2002. So it seems unlikely you were here in the '90s.

The current iteration began in 2007..........I joined sometime before that, but not too long before......

UT vet though you are..........my understanding is that UT was founded in 2002. So it seems unlikely you were here in the '90s.

The current iteration began in 2007..........I joined sometime before that, but not too long before......

2002? For some reason I feel like I've been here longer!

I'm assuming you're a fan of Nightwish if you went to see them. Do you have a favourite period? I was borderline obsessive until they fired Tarja - that killed my interest.

I got into them right towards the end of the Tarja period.

Anette was good.

Floor rocks.

Musically (composition) probably prefer the earlier years a bit.

But for stage presentation, Floor in a heartbeat.

Tarja had the best pipes, but Floor isn't that far behind.

Back