News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Tim Hortons reveals which Canadian towns and cities were the biggest fans this year of some Tims favourites, including Original Blend coffee, espresso beverages, Quenchers, Farmer's Wraps and Loaded Wraps

Dec 29, 2022

Millions of Canadians across Canada go on a Tims Run each and every day, whether it's for breakfast and their morning coffee, a quick and delicious lunch or dinner, or something to satisfy their sweet tooth.

Each guest has their own unique and personal go-to Tims order – and it turns out some Canadian towns and cities also stand out for having their own local preferences.

We crunched the numbers from 2022 to find which town or city had the highest per capita sales of some beloved Tims menus items.

Who takes the crown for enjoying the most Tim Hortons Original Blend coffee in 2022 on a per capita basis? That distinction goes to Tims guests in the coastal city of Miramichi, N.B.!

Here's a look at other Canadian towns and cities that make the list for their devotion to some other Tims favourites:

• Farmer's Wraps - Port Hope, Ont.
  • Loaded Wraps – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.
  • Steeped Teas – Cape Breton, N.S.
  • Iced Coffees – Charlottetown, P.E.I.
  • Espresso shots - Windsor, Ont.
  • Lattes - Dorval, Que.
  • Americanos - Langford, B.C.
  • Tea lattes - Prince George, B.C.
  • Quenchers - Timmins, Ont.
We also uncovered some other fun facts about how some guests across Canada engaged with Tims more than others:*

• When it comes to buying Tims products in your local grocery store, we found Tim Hortons Canned Soup was purchased the most in Calgary, Alta., this past year.
  • Tims guests in Winnipeg, Man., purchased the most Tim Hortons Holiday Mugs this year, either for gifting or for adding to their Tims collections.
  • Tims guests in Mississauga, Ont., were the biggest users of the new Scan & Pay feature in the Tim Hortons app.

I noticed a TV ad for a new breakfast sandwich containing "Canadian Bacon". It seems they either used a US ad agency or our cultured has been so subsumed with American terminology. I've never known anyone in this country to use this term for either 'back bacon' or 'peameal bacon'.

Right up there with 'ice hockey' (yes I know there is field hockey) and 'tunafish' (not to be confused with the tunabird, I suppose).

I noticed a TV ad for a new breakfast sandwich containing "Canadian Bacon". It seems they either used a US ad agency or our cultured has been so subsumed with American terminology. I've never known anyone in this country to use this term for either 'back bacon' or 'peameal bacon'.

Right up there with 'ice hockey' (yes I know there is field hockey) and 'tunafish' (not to be confused with the tunabird, I suppose).
Is it actually what an American would call "Canadian bacon"? I wouldn't be surprised if this is more about how it's "Canadian" bacon, as noting in a commercial that anything is "Canadian" is now all the rage in marketing, regardless if almost none of the total product it Canadian. as long as you can find one single ingredient that is you market the hell out of that one ingredient.

Last edited:
Is it actually what an American would call "Canadian bacon"? I wouldn't be surprised if this is more about how it's "Canadian" bacon, as noting in a commercial that anything is "Canadian" is now all the rage in marketing, regardless if almost none of the total product it Canadian. as long as you can find one single ingredient that is you market the hell out of that one ingredient.
You mean as in 'bacon from Canada' vs. 'Canadian (back) bacon'? No clue. Their traditional breakfast sandwich has always been available with side (aka strip/rasher) bacon.

I used to manage export sales for a large Canadian confectionery company. At the ISM sweets show in Koln, Germany I remember asking my neighbour at the Denmark pavilion if they ate danishes. WTH is a danish, my Danish friend asked. And forget about those from the Netherlands eating dutchies… my favourite ex-Timmies snack. Good times.

I used to manage export sales for a large Canadian confectionery company. At the ISM sweets show in Koln, Germany I remember asking my neighbour at the Denmark pavilion if they ate danishes. WTH is a danish, my Danish friend asked. And forget about those from the Netherlands eating dutchies… my favourite ex-Timmies snack. Good times.
As a person of Dutch ancestry, I think the TH dutchie is based on oliebollen (oil balls), which they would have heard of. We would only have them seasonally for NY.

Apparently in Denmark, danishes are called Vienna Bread.

Tim Hortons' app users to get free beverage and baked good after Quebec court approves class action settlement

Tim Hortons’ mobile application users can now get a free hot beverage and a baked good after the Superior Court of Quebec approved a settlement agreement in a class-action lawsuit involving the coffee-chain’s parent company, Restaurant Brands International Inc. (RBI).

The lawsuit had alleged the restaurant chain’s app breached users’ privacy without adequate notice and consent despite how Tim Hortons represented its collection of geolocation data. In an email, Tim Hortons notified Canadian residents who have used the app between April 1, 2019, and Sept. 30, 2020, and had their geolocation data collected at least once, of the settlement’s approval.

Under the settlement, eligible users have been given two credits, which will expire 24 months after being issued, to redeem for one free hot beverage and one free baked good from participating locations. Those who received the notice are automatically included in the settlement and can no longer opt out or object, the coffee chain said.

“This is the only remedy and the only relief you now have in relation to the class action,” the email said.

Tims updating their rewards programs and increasing the number of points to redeem for free items:

Meanwhile, Tims opens their first location in Pakistan:

Tims updating their rewards programs and increasing the number of points to redeem for free items:
Probably to pay for all of those free coffees and doughnuts because of the class action ;)

Seriously though, Starbucks just did the same thing.

Probably to pay for all of those free coffees and doughnuts because of the class action ;)

Seriously though, Starbucks just did the same thing.

Number of 'rewards' programs I participate in...........:

That's only cause my Credit Card provider doesn't offer a rewards free version.

LOL

Honestly, I want these outlawed. All of them.

Its not like they are 'added value'; what they are is an added cost that is built back into the price you pay for the product.

Please give me an edible doughnut for the same price you charge now instead; or a decent cup of coffee, or alternatively, induce me to patronize by charging a lower price.

This applies to everything else. The idea that one can be paying too much interest on a Credit Card; or paying too much for your product because of the fees the CC provider charges the merchant, and then you collect 'scene' points that allow you
whatever number of free movies relative to your purchases, (I'm imagining, not looking it up, that its something like 1 movie for every $1,000 spent) is just an insane combination of things..

Lower the fee to merchant, or cut the interest on the card (I almost never pay interest as I tend to pay my balance right away....but I digress).........

For the movie, just cut the cost of the popcorn by $2 per order for everyone and be done with it.

The thought of all that data-sharing which reveals too much, and yet shockingly little; and then either carrying around 30 rewards cards, or having 30 apps on your phone minding your business and running up your data costs as they tell 'daddy' what you're up to.........

Ugh.....

^^ Yup. I've never had a CC that offered points, cash-back, free screwdrivers, etc. or linked to any loyalty/affinity program. I've always gone for the one that offers the lowest interests rate and no/low fees. We used to have Air Miles, mostly because our Foodland accepted it but they dropped it (along with the LCBO and many others) so did we. We still have a Petro Points card but will probably wind it up since we no longer have any PetroCan stations in the area. The missus got us signed up for Optimum (Shoppers DM and Esso) and I have a Triangle card (CTC, Marks, Sports Chek).

I have PC points on my Mastercard and no fee. I don’t pay attention to interest rates because I pay off my cards. We pay almost everything by CC and cash in hundreds of dollars a a year of PC points thanks to the combination of the CC and frequent shopping at PC branded stores.

That said, I don’t have a Tim’s reward card but I never go there. 😎

Honestly, I want these outlawed. All of them.

Its not like they are 'added value'; what they are is an added cost that is built back into the price you pay for the product.

Not to get too far off topic but I agree.

I have 15000 points on my Mastercard and that only equates to $100.00 towards the cost of my trip. That is the Aspire World Elite Mastercard.

Back