News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
As a consolation, late on a Friday night you can catch some dancing beer people in the vicinity.

If the Trivision is anything like the LED .....

I await with great anticipation for the installation of the Trivision. I'm really hoping for good things.

:)

Speaking about the Eaton Centre signage, how come they NEVER put a sign on the bridge on the Queen street side? Usually alot of tourists around that area to see NPS and Old City, and not many of them know that the Eaton Centre is just right there.

It'd have been nice if they have two signages on the bridge/platform walkway, Eaton Centre on the left, the Bay on the right.

But then, only people with common sense can think of something like that :cool:

Since an encroachment agreement with the City would presumably have been required to build the skywalk in the first place (since it crosses the City's road allowance), I suspect that the agreement(s) prohibits signage on the skywalk.

Were it not a legal/contractual issue, I am sure that the idea of signage would have occurred to Cadillac Fairview and HBC a long time ago. I don't think lack of common sense has anything to do with it.

Surprised? At the rate even minor TTC construction projects go you should be surprised if it opens before the second term of the Jenna Bush presidency.

^ York Mills station is replacing an old escalator that used to breakdown constantly. Hording went up around the escalator in early September and the sign says it will be complete by February 15th.... no wonder the city is near broke. Can anyone please explain why is takes 6 months to fix/replace one escalator? How many man-hours of work is that? How much will it cost the TTC?

Sorry to go off topic, but it drives me nuts twice a day on my commute - how can anyone possibly justify 6+ months for an escalator repair???

^ York Mills station is replacing an old escalator that used to breakdown constantly. Hording went up around the escalator in early September and the sign says it will be complete by February 15th.... no wonder the city is near broke. Can anyone please explain why is takes 6 months to fix/replace one escalator? How many man-hours of work is that? How much will it cost the TTC?

Sorry to go off topic, but it drives me nuts twice a day on my commute - how can anyone possibly justify 6+ months for an escalator repair???

The escalator at Eglinton West has been under repair for about a month now and still shows no sign of progress.

I know it took a few months for Ryerson to repair its escalators in the library building too. Sadly they have broken down again less than a year after being fixed.

If you look at the diagram at the bottom of page 138 of this thread you will see the latest brackets they were putting up last night and today are for that huge backlit, "H", should be impressive to see that one go up, its gunna take away alot of the grey look of the building.

They might try and do both the mounting of the trivision and backlit "H" at the same time, by just closing dundas off.

Paul

Were it not a legal/contractual issue,

Ya ya, everything has the same lame excuse.

I am sure that the idea of signage would have occurred to Cadillac Fairview and HBC a long time ago. I don't think lack of common sense has anything to do with it.

Oh, don't be so sure. Lots of "not up to par" people running the city here... :D

It's been gone a few months now I believe. Not sure what is taking so long to put something else there.

Long? Hun, it's only been gone a few months! Don't expect something to happen until 2010! LOL

Back