News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
they put up a new future shop ad on the north facing billboard tonight.. or at least I think they did.. i don't remember what it looked like before (and i didn't get a good enough glance at the ad) but i know for sure that there was no ad, then there was an ad...

^ York Mills station is replacing an old escalator that used to breakdown constantly. Hording went up around the escalator in early September and the sign says it will be complete by February 15th.... no wonder the city is near broke. Can anyone please explain why is takes 6 months to fix/replace one escalator? How many man-hours of work is that? How much will it cost the TTC?

Sorry to go off topic, but it drives me nuts twice a day on my commute - how can anyone possibly justify 6+ months for an escalator repair???

Because TTC thinks it is cheaper to do it in house than subcontract to someone who would have it done in a couple weeks. It is also JOB protection.

Moreso, it a make work project that TTC is famous for to keep there staff busy.

You think Yorkdale, Eation Centre or office towers tenants would put up with this? Why should TTC riders haft too?

Lets see how the new escalator in this building to service TTC new entrance for Dundas Station first before we see it becomes another TTC project. They are the same single rider that can be found for some of TTC stations going to the lower level.

Will this new entrance be open in November as proposed in 2006?

Time to subcontract all this work out so we can use it in matter of days or weeks, not this months plus BS.

If you look at the diagram at the bottom of page 138 of this thread you will see the latest brackets they were putting up last night and today are for that huge backlit, "H", should be impressive to see that one go up, its gunna take away alot of the grey look of the building.

They might try and do both the mounting of the trivision and backlit "H" at the same time, by just closing dundas off.

Paul

Holy crap! I just noticed there is going to be a second LED ticker! Sweet.

Nope, that ticker was replaced with a teeny tiny backlit ad, totally out of my place in my opinion. It will be washed out by all the light and gigantic ads sorrounding it.

I doubt they'll be able to sell that ad space and will have to replace it with something else, like the originally planned ticker.

Nope, that ticker was replaced with a teeny tiny backlit ad, totally out of my place in my opinion. It will be washed out by all the light and gigantic ads sorrounding it.

I doubt they'll be able to sell that ad space and will have to replace it with something else, like the originally planned ticker.

No, I mean yet another LED ticker. The one you are talking about was where the PenEquity ad is now... the one im talking about is planned for the east side by the exposed ducts.

TLS_signage.jpg

Then again, the image is wrong. There wont be a giant space above the ad on the far right.

^ Oh, good eye.

That ticker was a Coca Cola sign in a previous rendering. It had that ticker above the billboard.

I'm guessing this schematic is outdated. In fact, the G sign still says ticker whereas we know it was built as a small ad (where PenEquity's is now)

What, no classic neon? That sucks.

There just must be some spinning bauble or three up top. After all this waiting and not have some spinning mutant electrically-charged Christmas decoration for mezmerizing the massed shopers is just wrong.

I always hear these comments about neon and wonder where everyone thought there was ever going to be neon. From all the renders I've ever seen, there was no neon in any of them.

I think some artistic liberties were taken in some of the renderings to add what could be construed as neon or perhaps LED lighting on a couple of parts of the building.

I always hear these comments about neon and wonder where everyone thought there was ever going to be neon. From all the renders I've ever seen, there was no neon in any of them.

The Missile launcher looked like it had Neon in the previous rendering.

Same for the overhang on the roof. Which is no more, sad to say.

The missile launcher looks like the colour pillars on the sides of the Eaton Centre media tower. Theyre LED lights, not neon.

The missile launcher looks like the colour pillars on the sides of the Eaton Centre media tower. Theyre LED lights, not neon.

I see

yes, the brackets have been put up but no sign installation as of 1pm.

Might not see any action on the Trivision front till' weekend then.

It has nothing to do with neon in particular, or any plans, expectations or specific requirements. But what the heck is wrong with neon? This place could certainly use some (as a further means to hiding the grey lump that it is).

Glow in the dark faux fans could have been cool as well.

I guess I just want less Toronto Life and more Blade Runner.

Back