News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
It will be. If you look closely immediately to the left of the ductwork you can see a column of studs to anchor a sign that will wrap over it.

I'm sorry but that SHARP sign is so terrible it sets off the entire building. Ugh.

the sharp sign ain't bad. better than the bland penequity sign.
i don't get downtown often and am trying to place all these new signs in my mind.
where is that vertical futureshop neon sign.
i can't see it in any of the wider pictures.

its on the young st. side, just before HMV.

I was there last night, and it wasn't lit up :(

the sharp sign ain't bad. better than the bland penequity sign.
i don't get downtown often and am trying to place all these new signs in my mind.
where is that vertical futureshop neon sign.
i can't see it in any of the wider pictures.
DSC04415.jpg

i took this standing on the west side of yonge at the corner of edward looking south.

nice thanks guys.
that's a good addition.
i was hoping they woudln't toally ignore that streetscape north of dundas and put every ounce of wattage into the square.

nice thanks guys.
that's a good addition.
i was hoping they woudln't toally ignore that streetscape north of dundas and put every ounce of wattage into the square.

Have no fear, I'm sure the new Portlands Energy Centre will be pumping plenty of carbon dioxide into the air to keep this project bright and pretty

Despite what the new renderings look like I really hope they put some of that over the top crap on the roof.

Downtown Yonge BIA and Toronto Hydro Energy Services are beautifying the sidewalks by installing better-looking pedestrian and street lighting.

I walked down Yonge on Sunday and these posts are running all the way up to Gerrard - I think it looks terrible and makes the sidewalk much more cluttered - that and now the brand new sidewalk in front of Metropolis on Yonge Street has already been torn up for the new posts with crappy pavement around the base of each new pole.

Why is more street lighting necessary? The neon signs and all the screens etc provide more then enough light for people to see clearly 24/7.

I walked down Yonge on Sunday and these posts are running all the way up to Gerrard - I think it looks terrible and makes the sidewalk much more cluttered - that and now the brand new sidewalk in front of Metropolis on Yonge Street has already been torn up for the new posts with crappy pavement around the base of each new pole.

Why is more street lighting necessary? The neon signs and all the screens etc provide more then enough light for people to see clearly 24/7.

Is it possible for Yonge street to look more cluttered?

Yonge Street invented the word "cluttered", for sure yonge street is not the Champs-Elysees

However I will agreee with you on this point, I think it was stupid for the Business Owners on Yonge to think they could actually beautify yonge street. (it ain't happenin')

New Street Banners Poles

From what I gather, those recently installed black poles may not be poles for street lights, but to hold banners? I'm thinking the banners will look like the one seen in the Yonge Street views of the Metropolis renderings.

As for the sorry state of the Yonge Street sidewalks and the ugly work around the base of those new black poles. It appears that some work to correct the problem is scheduled to take place this week:

Starting Nov 7, 2007: Sidewalk reconstruction on east side of Yonge between Dundas and Gould. Two northbound lane closures (2 way traffic will be maintained) Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 6:00pm. One curb lane closure only during evenings from 6:00pm to 7:00am.

Louroz

Back