News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The site looks great. Toronto Life is obviously managing that aspect.

I remember reading that they're going to be quite involved in this building. They didn't just slap their name on it, they intend to use it for events and other public related endeavors.

The site looks great. Toronto Life is obviously managing that aspect.

I remember reading that they're going to be quite involved in this building. They didn't just slap their name on it, they intend to use it for events and other public related endeavors.

Not sure what you're seeing that I don't but that website is crap. For a prominent media outlet like Toronto Life, with all their access to editors, designers and graphic artists, to put their name on such a mundane and uninspired website is inexplicable. They have done nothing but underscore the impression that TLS is nothing more than a suburban foodcourt or 'vertical power centre' with a cinema attached.

I have to agree. That website, which has little content and no reason to return, looks like it was designed about 7 years ago.

This is truly scary - like watching a train wreck unfold.

I have seen mom and pop delis that have better websites than this.

Unfortunately the folks who "green-lighted" this site - someone had to say OK, let's go - are also the ones who are planning the future of this development.

Maybe we need more snow to cover it up.

This is truly scary - like watching a train wreck unfold.

I have seen mom and pop delis that have better websites than this.

Unfortunately the folks who "green-lighted" this site - someone had to say OK, let's go - are also the ones who are planning the future of this development.

Maybe we need more snow to cover it up.

I vote we spilt this form into 2: 1) Those who wish to have a thoughful and meaningful discussion on TLS; and 2) Those who want to bitch, moan and complain.

I vote we spilt this form into 2: 1) Those who wish to have a thoughful and meaningful discussion on TLS; and 2) Those who want to bitch, moan and complain.

My friendly Voice of Reality, if you characterize criticism of a developer that sets up a website like the TLS folks have as "bitch, moan and complain" then you have set the bar for what we can expect in TO so low that any sort of reasonable discourse is impossible.

Right now you're adding to the bitching, moaning, and complaining. If you want to see some "meaningful discussion on TLS", by all means get it going!

Given the glacial pace of construction and decoration, this thread would be burried on page 15 if it was only limited to updates and positive thoughts.

The bitching can be amusing but, for the most part, it is valid. This structure is an abomination. Yet I can't help but feel it is an important new element to downtown Toronto and should be discussed for all of its parts (fake fans, ceiling height, retail venues, materials, missing elements, lost opportunities... whatever).

Speaking of ugly, have you guys seen the Bay Adelaide Centre not too far from here? They actually have exposed steel beams and a crane sticking out the top of the building! I mean it just looks terrible!

Back