News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Those ads suck. The sponsor signage needs to get here fast so there is at least something decent to look at.

TLS looks really clean in that shot, a far cry from the work-in-progress look its had in the past. It helps that Yonge-Dundas square is packed, too.

Originally Posted by yin_yang View Post
fuck that, they can wait a little bit. people are in too much of a hurry nowadays...wouldn't call this a problem AT ALL, more like a solution.

People that stand on an escalator and not leave room for someone to go around them need to die. I witness this crap every morning going up from the Bloor line to Yonge line at Yonge subway... I wish I had a gun. The escalators at TLS are pathetic.

People that stand on an escalator and not leave room for someone to go around them need to die. I witness this crap every morning going up from the Bloor line to Yonge line at Yonge subway... I wish I had a gun. The escalators at TLS are pathetic.

yeah that is a pet peeve of mine too. two people get on and stand side by side on a wide escalator that is meant for walking and has signs posted saying "walk left, stand right". most of the time they realize their lack of courtesy, but sometimes they just don't give a damn.

yeah that is a pet peeve of mine too. two people get on and stand side by side on a wide escalator that is meant for walking and has signs posted saying "walk left, stand right". most of the time they realize their lack of courtesy, but sometimes they just don't give a damn.

I've always found that standing very close right behind them and singing a polite "Excuse me please" is a very effective way to unblock the way. Muttering ass holes as you pass them is optional but very satisfying.

I like to stand very close to them and pretend I have a sloppy cold by coughing and hacking loudly.

This is also effective if you want some personal space on the subway, or like to put your feet up on the GO train.

The subway connection is open.

I suspect it hasn't been open for long, since, as I walked through, a construction worker was testing the doors. A smattering of stores are open in the basement arcade - it still has that new-PATH smell.

Better still, a number of half-under-construction spaces are easily accessible without crossing any 'NO ENTRY' signs. I had a good little bit of exploring today in some of the back-spaces. Go in now and have a poke-around before it's too late!

The subway connection is open.

I suspect it hasn't been open for long, since, as I walked through, a construction worker was testing the doors. A smattering of stores are open in the basement arcade - it still has that new-PATH smell.

Better still, a number of half-under-construction spaces are easily accessible without crossing any 'NO ENTRY' signs. I had a good little bit of exploring today in some of the back-spaces. Go in now and have a poke-around before it's too late!

Interesting. I was there yesterday and everything was still closed from within Dundas Station.

lol @ new PATH smell btw!

The PATH entrance is open. Ironically, the lower level has a better feel to it than the main lobby. I think it's because there aren't any blank walls. Most of the perimeter is coloured by shops.

Jack Astors looks to be 100% done. They look ready to open any day now. All the hoarding was taken down and it appears that the only thing left to finish is to install the sign above the entrance. There were many people inside. I actually thought it was open but I think it was a little "job fair".

The top floor will look good with AMC's nice decor and the sit down restaurants lining the walls surrounding the escalator well. I just hope they fix the ceiling which right now is a raw uncovered corrugated platform sprayed with fire retardant. That eyesore is visible from every floor.

The Adidas sign does add some variety to the façade and the view from the West on Dundas is beginning to come together. The building looks fantastic from that perspective.

The perception that I got is that Toronto Life Square is still a construction site and not trying to not be one. Store openings are staggered and eventually everything will be done.

You can definitely see that PenEquity is either running out of money or they're being cheap but I think that with time, once the rent/ad money starts pouring in, they're going to have to improve the place to compete with the world famous Eaton Centre across the street.

Interesting. I was there yesterday and everything was still closed from within Dundas Station.

lol @ new PATH smell btw!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to TTC world for not letting riders know where the new entrance/exit is in the station.

It is in the north east corner of the station with 2 of 4 doors working.

It has been open for a week and used it today like last week.

Talking to crews working on this tunnel have nothing good to say about TTC as to how they run this project. They said it taking 3 times longer to do this station expansion compare to the real world.

All the saw cutting and the removal of the existing staircase should be completed by the weekend. This will allow the completion of the tunnel roofing.

From station to TLS main floor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzu5rIAE8d0

2435360718_0eb4d4e835_b.jpg

Further to my last post..

1) The exit seems so ridiculously concealed and their door is so non-descript... it looks like an emergency exit, hardly the gateway to a major retail/entertainment complex

2) To fight with crowds, then to navigate through the bowels of TLS to get back to street level, I can see people transferring from the 505 to the station will avoid using the TLS entrance... I know I'd rather just walk across the street to Dundas and use the wide staircase there (which incidentally is my favourite street entrance to the subway)

3) That being said, if I were one of the businesses renting on the "subway concourse" level, I would be completely second guessing my investment. PenEquity no doubt probably commanded a premium for locating right by the subway entrance, especially for basement space that would otherwise be dirt cheap. I would have expected a high-quality connection to the station. This is hardly so, and with comment #2 in mind, the actual number of people going through this concourse is probably going to be a lot less than what PE would have been selling. Simply just compare this connection to the Eaton Centre one.. granted, there's more space on TEC"s side, but there's nothing to say they couldn't have made a larger tunnel or at least install a second set of doors. I can't think of a SINGLE subway connection to a building that is linked by only ONE set of doors... this automatically limits the number of people who will be going through it. If I was leaving AMC and there was a rush, again, I would much rather leave the building on the ground floor and cross the street than be smushed into a small tunnel.

There's cheapouts, but this cheapout is just.. ridiculous.

Back