News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Uhhh yes, suspicious indeed. You see, I work for a chain. In fact, I work for ALL the chains... All I was trying to say is that I've had both dozens of times and find BB mediocre these days. I'd say the Boyz R coasting... But you're probably right, Senior Forum Member; ALL chains suck and ALL indies rule!
Welcome to the forums :)

Milestone's staff are gearing up for a Friday opening. This one looks a lot ritzier than the others.

Chipotle is projecting a mid to late July opening. The lighting, walls, floors are complete. Shouldn't be long now!

:)

I saw it today. It definitely completes the look of the AMC floor. No more blanks walls.... what I can't believe is that they're leaving the ceiling exposed. It's what people see when they're going up from the lobby on every escalator or waiting to get tickets at the AMC booth.

The food court is looking good with all the buzz of the opened restaurants and people populating the seats.

I look forward to seeing what they're going to do to spruce up the place for the Film Festival.

Pretty much anything at this point would help.

We'll certainly have to insist that any stars entering the building wear shades, heavy heavy shades. Not that it's difficult to get a celebrity into a pair of sunglasses.

We'll certainly have to insist that any stars entering the building wear shades, heavy heavy shades. Not that it's difficult to get a celebrity into a pair of sunglasses.

There wont be any stars attending screenings at TLC. They will be holding public screenings there. The press and industry (private) screenings will still take place at cumberland and varsity. The gala's at Elgin/RTH. The goal for tiff is to eventually move most of the festival downtown once the festival tower opens.

You never know where the stars are going to shine at TIFF, and they often attend public screenings. I am sure TLS ones will be no different. You have a 50-50 chance of seeing "the talent" at any regular public screening you attend, and a better chance than that of seeing the director.

It's normally better to go to the non-gala screenings anyway. One never gets a Q&A session at the Galas with those involved following the film, nearly never at the VISA screening room, but often at other "public" screenings.

The press and industry "private" screenings never include Q&A sessions. Those people have access to the filmmakers whenever they can schedule interviews, lunch dates, or parties.

I went to see another movie at AMC last night (WALL-E - I highly recommend it for everyone) and was with friends who were embarrassed to be going into the dump called TLS. It truly is a piece of garbage. If you can stomach it, I suggest taking your time going up to the theatre to grab a close look at the finishings and sloppy workmanship on top of the horrendous architecture and design.

Unfortunately though this AMC location is excellent -- the theatres, screens and customer service are fantastic -- and more importantly they offer 8pm show times which works for me. I just wish there were some way I could bypass the rest of the structure that I am loathing more and more each day.

Oh comon, it's just a mall. - And not even a showcase mall like Eaton Centre or Yorkdale.

Someone has already posted that PEN Equity doesn't even get the majority of their cashflow on this building from retail leasing. - The mall serves it's purpose, the restaruants inside are fabulous, the foodcourt is interesting, the interior advertising is eye catching, the signs on the exterior convey their message. - I'm sure that the faults with the interior will be corrected in Time. - The Milestones, Jack Astors, & AMC are proof a lot can be done with the interior space of the mall. The cash just needs to be invested.....

There is no excuse for this blight in a busy tourist area.

The fact that a Jack Astor's/Milestones are here doesn't exactly help.

That's what happens when a facility that looks like a can factory is relocated to the middle of downtown.

TLS is definitely a huge disappointment. I try to find something redeeming about it when I go in, but it's just a very badly designed mall. There's nothing innovative about it at all. This would've been the perfect spot for a well designed building that demonstrates dome ingenuity. Instead it's a badly done suburban shopping centre. Hopefully they really pay more detail to the interior. The exterior seems to be a lost cause, for now anyways.

Oh comon, it's just a mall. - And not even a showcase mall like Eaton Centre or Yorkdale.

i disagree. i think it is a showcase mall and should be made to be one. the location alone gives it that right. malls in the suburbs are better looking than this. hell even centrepoint and hillcrest look better.

Back