News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Actually, after giving this some thought, I could be mistaken about 1 type of perpindicular oriented sign that seems to be allowed. You know the small round signs advertising beer brands outside bars or the signs of the same size outside Starbucks. Those are becoming more common so maybe it's a size thing. I went to the City Hall website to try and find more info on sign bylaws but it would take me 6 years to sift through everything. Cheers.

I miss the old LG sign:
2950993820_46c1524db3_b.jpg

..and while I was there:
2950993226_61480d5edd_b.jpg

...and don't forget the Canon Theatre (Pantages), one of the more famous signs along Yonge Street.

i really like how the south eatons center tower came out gold in that photo.

great work as always!

I bet this has been commented on earlier, but I went all the way up this building inside the other day, and what is it with the down escalators? At the food court level, they have to have stickers on the floor to tell people how to get down, because the down escalator is nowhere you would expect it to be. A grotesque failure of design, the whole experience made me sick.

Surely this building is completed and this could be taken out of Projects and Construction now.

Yeah, it remains in P&C because there is more to happen with the exterior still.

I bet this has been commented on earlier, but I went all the way up this building inside the other day, and what is it with the down escalators? At the food court level, they have to have stickers on the floor to tell people how to get down, because the down escalator is nowhere you would expect it to be. A grotesque failure of design, the whole experience made me sick.

Surely this building is completed and this could be taken out of Projects and Construction now.

No kidding. The design is a complete mess. On busy nights when the food court is packed and people are leaving from a movie it's going to be chaos.

No kidding. The design is a complete mess. On busy nights when the food court is packed and people are leaving from a movie it's going to be chaos.

The cinemas were used extensively during the film festival this year, and the food court was certainly embraced by festival goers then too. While I have no interest in defending the frustrating layout of the escalators, the building did manage to function under the crush loads back then.

Back