News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
At the very least, I want to see those HVAC units covered. Now if Rogers would cover up the huge ones at City TV, it would be a huge improvement to Dundas Square. This Metropolis thread just keeps going and going. Seems like Torontonians never get tired of hating this monstrosity. lol I know I still hate this building with a passion. I never go inside this hell-hole.

Hell-hole? It's a good thing most people don't have the same qualms about the building. It may not be pretty, but it's got AMC, Jack Astor's, Milestones in there. And those themselves are enough to attract people. I've seen quite a few movies there.

Some new cladding, more glass and even minor interior improvements could help this project a lot. It doesn't necessarily have to be demolished.

The cinema-goers on the top level of AMC should be thrilled with the sound of roller-coasters clattering around above them during their movie.

I'm not crazy about this idea. I'd rather see some minor improvements to the outside of the structure, improved interactive advertising on the north side of the building, an extreme mall makeover inside and completion of the roof lines which were cut from the project.

I really doubt you'd see a rollercoaster on top of it. Think more along the lines of fairground rides and stuff like you see on the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas.

Hell-hole? It's a good thing most people don't have the same qualms about the building. It may not be pretty, but it's got AMC, Jack Astor's, Milestones in there. And those themselves are enough to attract people. I've seen quite a few movies there.

Yes, I think this place is a hell-hole and I fully hold Penequity responsible for it, which is why I refused to spend one cent in that place. I did not want to reward PE by spending money and helping Metropolis to become successful. I wanted PE to FAIL! (Which they did) Now that it's sold and PE has nothing to do with it, I might go check out a movie but I'll wait until after they put in a proper floor and ceiling. (as well as covering up the HVAC units with a proper roof) Those are my minimum standards. At least now, there is some hope.

I might go check out a movie but I'll wait until after they put in a proper floor and ceiling.

Not sure when the last time you checked out the place, but I can assume you no one is walking on beams to get around, the floor has been installed for some time now.

Syn is right, there's no need to demolish this building. The massing is just right for this location, all it needs is a recladding and some other aesthetic improvements.

An early render for Metropolis actually included what looks to be a ride (the crane like structure on the East side on the roof):

TLS_r1.jpg

Notice how the rendering, while technically correct, looks NOTHING AT ALL like what we see in Dundas Square.

I was at the Earth Hour concert last night, at least half of which was consumed with quiet loathing at this building's continued existence. My own personal jihad.

I know the subject is Metropolis, but it's impossible to look at that picture without commenting on the torch. The "original" torch design, widening at the top in a spiral, is nice - almost, dare I say, artistic.

Not only does the original rendering show windows, but there's actually excitement behind those windows. How RioCan ever ever allowed Future Shop to locate their staff room along the windows facing the square is beyond me. How can you convince advertisers there's value to having their ads facing the square when that's all Future Shop does with their prime window space?

Someone should email Best Cuy's corporate offices and complain. Tell them to utilize those windows!

I really doubt you'd see a rollercoaster on top of it. Think more along the lines of fairground rides and stuff like you see on the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas.

I was being sarcastic about the roller-coaster, the idea of a small Six Flags up there seems ridiculous to me.

Back