News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Hipster, your blatant disregard of the continuing existence Cumberland Terrace scares me. (And don't try to tell me it's in third place - not good enough!)

HBC is a landmark building of an era... its podium is not the best however.

Another forumer had mentioned how many buildings like the HBC we would have been built during the 70's if it were not for the hieght limit rules that were imposed in the midst of a great skyscraper boom that was occuring in the city just at that time. - We would have had a more uniform built style I presume which is a good thing.

But the current boom of glass, steel and concrete we are having now will make up for any loses we had during the 70's. And of course look a little better too!! (i.e no concrete bunkers)

By the way, did I mention I think TLS is great and I can't wait for the sponsor signage.

AMC Opening Celebrations

Spotlight on AMC Yonge & Dundas 24

From its exclusive LoveSeat�-style seating to its state-of-the-art digital projection in every auditorium– which boasts more than four times the resolution of HDTV -- AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC) has always been about providing audiences with the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience. And now AMC is bringing its innovative approach to entertainment to Downtown Yonge, with the new all-digital AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 theatre set to open on March 28.

The new megaplex will feature 24 auditoriums and nearly 5,000 seats – all positioned stadium-style for perfectly clear, unobstructed viewing. AMC is unveiling its new theatre with a big bang, starting with free pre-opening week screenings March 22 and 23.

For its grand opening night on March 28, AMC is inviting moviegoers to be a Star for a Day, as Toronto "goes Hollywood." The first 100 guests to arrive dressed as their favorite celebrity will receive AMC movie tickets for a year

Louroz

Not in this country. Here Good Friday falls on Friday the 21st, not Saturday the 22nd. Maybe you're thinking of Ethiopia?

Not in this country. Here Good Friday falls on Friday the 21st, not Saturday the 22nd. Maybe you're thinking of Ethiopia?

No, I had some files on my desk calender. I forgot to rip the page from February to March. I wasn't sure which month Good Friday Fell on this year. Sometimes its in April sometimes in March. Very confusing.

As for the AMC Pre-Opening Screenings:

I guess it makes sense to do the free screenings on the Saturday so they don't have to pay all of their staff time and a half if they had opened it up on the Friday.

Spotlight on AMC Yonge & Dundas 24

From its exclusive LoveSeat�-style seating to its state-of-the-art digital projection in every auditorium– which boasts more than four times the resolution of HDTV -- AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC) has always been about providing audiences with the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience. And now AMC is bringing its innovative approach to entertainment to Downtown Yonge, with the new all-digital AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 theatre set to open on March 28.

The new megaplex will feature 24 auditoriums and nearly 5,000 seats – all positioned stadium-style for perfectly clear, unobstructed viewing. AMC is unveiling its new theatre with a big bang, starting with free pre-opening week screenings March 22 and 23.

For its grand opening night on March 28, AMC is inviting moviegoers to be a Star for a Day, as Toronto "goes Hollywood." The first 100 guests to arrive dressed as their favorite celebrity will receive AMC movie tickets for a year

Louroz

Wow, all digital.

So walking past Toronto Life Square today I thought... well... it wouldn't be so bad.. if... it were a podium for a tall building!

and so ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the poorly photoshopped, "Tower at Dundas Square"!

2314827419_99ccf8d719_o.jpg

(its "11 Times Square" plopped on top of Toronto Life Square)

Do you think it would even be physically possible to do this in future? without tearing Toronto Life Square Down? just build ontop?

Do you think it would even be physically possible to do this in future? without tearing Toronto Life Square Down? just build ontop?

It's built on top of Ryersons parking structure now.

I think TLS would fare far better as a podium than as a stand-alone building. It's a great site for a tall building - I wouldn't mind seeing 30's - 50's all around the square actually.
A rather tall tower on top could fit a big chunk of Ryerson into it as well - and with residences on top of that, lifted high above the noise of the street- well, it might have been interesting. I wouldn't want to see PenEquity build it though! (see below)

ohno.jpg

(with apologies to Dane)

Back