News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I find that layout rather cramped for an apartment the size of a small house. The furniture needs space to breathe. The lack of windows doesn't help the situation, but the partitioning of kitchens, breakfast rooms, etc is a pretty dated approach. Who needs a breakfast room when there's already a dining room? That whole corner with the kitchen looks like a place to hide the kids when adults are present. I rather have a big-ass kitchen island for those fancy potlucks. If I can afford a 1800sf apartment I better have a single space big enough to host 50-person parties. Something like this:

lG0pCZu.png

Also, what do you do for a living? And how r u so rich yet have time for UT!? lol ;) I'm always curious about the demographic who buys big condos like this one.

Last edited:
I still hope you are going to adopt me :)

Gentle puppies, for some of us, that doesn't seem so huge. I downsized from a house that was over 3500 sq ft to a condo of 1500 sq ft. Which still seems small at times.

I think the place looks great. It's not really my style but the unit is well done. I really like the cabinet, hutch and the coffee table. Not everyone wants wall to wall, floor to ceiling glass, open concept. A problem I have now is I have so many windows I don't have much room for art or even a TV(my TV sits in front of a window).

Benito, did you pain the unit yourself or professionally done? I'm looking for a good painter myself.

Gentle puppies, for some of us, that doesn't seem so huge. I downsized from a house that was over 3500 sq ft to a condo of 1500 sq ft. Which still seems small at times.

We also downsized from about the same square footage house so you're right this doesn't feel that big, but I'm not complaining. If we didn't have so many visitors staying as often as we do, sure we could adopt you.

I think the place looks great. It's not really my style but the unit is well done. I really like the cabinet, hutch and the coffee table. Not everyone wants wall to wall, floor to ceiling glass, open concept. A problem I have now is I have so many windows I don't have much room for art or even a TV(my TV sits in front of a window).

Benito, did you pain the unit yourself or professionally done? I'm looking for a good painter myself.

We hired someone to paint. We would usually paint ourselves, but with the time restraints and getting older we didn't. I wouldn't recommend the painters we hired, Five Star Painting, the painter they sent didn't do a great job. It became a full time job taking time to put green tape on all the spots that he did a crummy job. They only sent one guy to do the painting and he obviously rushed the job. In the end we stayed on his ass to ensure that it was a half decent job, but I would never recommend them to anyone.

We love not having all windows on the outside walls. We like defined window space and the extra wall space to hang art.

You live in an incredible unit and in an incredible building Benito! The high floor is an added bonus. Great job with the interiors as well. I'd love to see some photos of the corridors and the common areas in the building. (Although there may be no corridors considering you live on a very private level ;)).

Thank you Steve, we're really happy here. You're right, with only two neighbours on our floor there isn't much of a corridor to speak of.

Corridor shots.

IMG_5544 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5531 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

Lobby

IMG_5543 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5542 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5541 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5540 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5539 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5537 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

IMG_5536 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

Gym

IMG_5535 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

Amenities level hallway

IMG_5534 by Chmd_Benito, on Flickr

Thanks you, the sofas are comfortable and a great size for condos. They are from Crate and Barrel.

Common areas look great! Very classy feel to it. I also like the art-deco touches they have placed around the walls.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a unit that seems to be smaller than your Den and can't find any that seem to be realistic in terms of price. *sigh* beautiful unit, and nicely laid out with the furniture and all.

I agree, beautiful common and entrance areas. Benito's suite is an excellent floorplan (IMO) - most of the upper suites are very well designed and to my liking. The decorating, art and furniture is just beautiful. Well done!

Having lived in 900 sq ft for the entirety of my childhood and short adult life, the opposite is true for me! This place is humongous!

Definitely the kind of place I would move into if I had the means. Benito has done a fantastic job in decorating too!

Back