News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

^ Just as long as the worst of winter is over at the end of February -- I will be happy. I am feeling a little cool in 36C weather now, so no matter how warm it gets I will probably be dying...

From Environment Canada:

..Brace yourselves for another cold snap..

Southern Ontario will experience a brief respite from the cold today
as temperatures actually rise to near or above normal for the first
time in quite some time. The mercury should even climb just above
the freezing mark but only for a short while later this afternoon
from the Golden Horseshoe into the southwest. But it will hardly
qualify as a January thaw.

A massive Arctic high pressure ridge stretching across the Prairies
will combine with an Alberta clipper over the Great Lakes to help
propel a cold front southwards across the regions tonight.
The mercury will bottom out in the minus 15 to minus 20 range in most
areas. Biting northwest winds of 30 gusting to 50 km/h this evening
should subside somewhat overnight but still generate wind chill
values close to minus 25 in many areas. They may reach minus 30 or
lower in some districts overnight into Saturday and a wind chill
warning may be issued later if this becomes likely.

The upside is that considerable sunshine will prevail in many regions
over the next several days with no Major snow storms forecast for the
foreseeable future. The only exception will be some snowbelt locales
where localized flurries and snow squalls will prevail beginning
tonight.

It was sooo nice this afternoon.

The windchill looks like it will be painful, but look on the bright side Khristopher, no snow for the time being.

Ya because the cold is so great too! Haha. I'd still take the cold over the snow though! Cold usually means sunny skies, so that's the positive part of the cold.

Less than two months until Spring!!!!
Potentially, we have five rough weeks to go. By early March we can still get snow (hell, sometimes in April) but the temperature begins to moderate early to mid March so that's something to look forward to.

Personally, I'd much rather have the snow, but that's of course because I don't drive =P

From Environment Canada:

City of Toronto
9:26 AM EST Saturday 24 January 2009
Wind chill warning for
City of Toronto continued

Frigid wind chills of minus 30 to 35 this morning.

This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

The snowsqualls have weakened near the Goderich region this morning. The area will still see flurries at times heavy for the remainder of the morning but they will be less intense.

The lake effect snow will re-organized this evening with snowsqualls developing in westerly flow off Georgian Bay. Several snowsqualls are likely to affect the areas from Midland to Parry Sound and inland to highway 11. These squalls are expected to remain stationary tonight and begin to weaken Sunday morning.

Wind chill..Temperatures have dropped to near minus 25 this morning over areas east of Georgian Bay through to Petawawa. These cold temperatures combined with north winds are generating wind chill values of minus 35 over eastern Ontario this morning. Brisk north winds flowing off of Georgian Bay and Lake Huron are also producing wind chill values of minus 30 over cottage country south to Toronto this morning. These frigid wind chills will moderate as the mercury rises this morning.

So far we have more snow this winter than last winter. And last winter was 2nd snowiest ever... so maybe we are going to break the all time record. Ugh :(

I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing people constantly bitch and moan about Toronto weather.

Every snow storm on TV, the reporters have to go out on the streets and ask people what they think. And the majority of people bitch about it. It's either too cold or too snowy. It's as if these people have never been through a snow storm before or rather it's as if they did not know that it gets cold and snowy during Winter.

It doesn't help the news always blows things out of proportion. They call 10-15cm's of snowfall 'massive' or 'monster'. Give me a break and grow some balls!

We had our first major snow storm this month and all hell breaks loose. The news talks about "another whallop" or "another dumping" of snow. Another? We haven't had a major snow storm in almost a month, what another.

They should send the whiners to Arizona during the Summer time and we'll see how they like 50 degree temps for 3-4 consecutive months.

2 more months of Winter, which means cold and snow. Get out there and enjoy it or stay indoors and have some cheese with your wine!

Last edited:
I still wouldn't classify any of the storms we had this winter true snow storms. Until so much snow comes down it becomes impossible to walk on sidewalks, then i'll call it a storm. To be honest, I really miss living in Grimsby and the western side of the horseshoe because I really loved getting a massive 2 ft dumping every once and a while. I'm craving another version of the 99 storm.

What I always tell anyone who complains about winter is that it only helps Canadians take advantage of the summer and to not take it for granted.

Every snow storm on TV, the reporters have to go out on the streets and ask people what they think. And the majority of people bitch about it. It's either too cold or too snowy. It's as if these people have never been through a snow storm before or rather it's as if they did not know that it gets cold and snowy during Winter.

It doesn't help the news always blows things out of proportion. They call 10-15cm's of snowfall 'massive' or 'monster'. Give me a break and grow some balls!

lol!

My absolute favourite for this year was "snowmageddon." Talk about a hyperbole-fest!

Bring on the snow, I want a record.

Back