News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

My views:

1. The monks protesting peacefully should be allowed to do so.
2. The local Tibetans rioting were harming innocent Han Chinese storekeepers and needed to be surpressed.
3. The Chinese government blaming the Dalai Lama for violence is bordering on insanity.
4. The people of an area should be able to determine their destiny. If the majority of Tibetans want independence then they should get it. Government exists to look after the people. If Quebec was to decide to leave Canada then they should be allowed to. If Toronto was to decide to become a city state it should be allowed to. If counties of Quebec were to decide to join Ontario they should be allowed to. Government is failing to look after its people if it is forcing most of them against their will to be a part of a country or province they want nothing to do with. You can't build a strong nation by force. People need to want to be a part of it.

Most of the Tibetans do not want to do so.

We can not only consider the Dalai Lama's remarks

I was wondering, echo do you live in China or here in Canada. Becasue I don't understand how someone can be pro-chinese when they don't live in the country where this is happening?

Now thinking about it, my question is rather redundant as Beijing has probably censored this site, and therefore you must live in Canada (or not in China)

I was wondering, echo do you live in China or here in Canada. Becasue I don't understand how someone can be pro-chinese when they don't live in the country where this is happening?
If I was Chinese, and living in Canada, I think I would be becoming increasingly annoyed with the hijacking of my Olympics by an conveniently-timed Tibetan "uprising". Ask most Chinese people wherever they live if Tibet is part of China, and IMHO they'll say yes.

^ nonetheless, can I say it now? Can I? Can I? We told you so IOC.

Did the IOC really believe that China would improve it's human rights record? Really? Just because a non-governmental organization said so? Right...

Toronto had the best bid and the IOC gave it to China in its naïvety. Toronto would at the least have a downtown relief line, an airport rail connection and a redeveloped Portlands... Today.

The IOC was more fun as an anachronism when a former leader requested the title "your excellency," and when members regularly requested and accepted bribes.

Did the IOC really believe that China would improve it's human rights record? Really? Just because a non-governmental organization said so? Right...
The IOC is not the business of human rights. Do you think they cared about human rights in the autocratic Soviet Union when the Olympics were there? How about in Hitler's Germany?

The IOC is about show business, nothing more. Do you think Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey care(d) about human rights when they book a circus venue? The IOC is just a glorified circus promoter, to which the world sends its performers. It's got nothing to do with human rights. Now, that doesn't mean that the IOC won't say it's about human rights, since the number one rule of show biz is to give the customer what they want, so the IOC can certainly talk about Human Rights in order to pander to the west, but in the end, they couldn't give a fig, as long as people buy tickets and broadcasting rights.

Most of the Tibetans do not want to do so.

We can not only consider the Dalai Lama's remarks

You must only consider the Dalai Lama's remarks and actions when judging the Dalai Lama. If a certain Tibetan is violent then that certain Tibetan must be dealt with for breaking the law, but you can't blame all of Tibet nor can you blame peaceful monks. If many are angry there is probably a reason. Why don't you tell us why Tibetans are angry.

Toronto had the best bid and the IOC gave it to China in its naïvety. Toronto would at the least have a downtown relief line, an airport rail connection and a redeveloped Portlands... Today.
The DRL was not part of our olympic bid. A new GO Station at Cherry and Waterfront East streetcars and new ferries were to serve the games.

Now thinking about it, my question is rather redundant as Beijing has probably censored this site, and therefore you must live in Canada (or not in China)

haha.I live in Beijing now. I know what happened in China. Tibet is not a unfamilar place for me, I had a trip there for half a month in 2006.

You must only consider the Dalai Lama's remarks and actions when judging the Dalai Lama. If a certain Tibetan is violent then that certain Tibetan must be dealt with for breaking the law, but you can't blame all of Tibet nor can you blame peaceful monks. If many are angry there is probably a reason. Why don't you tell us why Tibetans are angry.

The reason why the monks are angry is that their privileges were cancelled.

At past, many Tibetan monks have a lot of privileges and high status, but the civilians are poor, they were salves.There is a big gap between them.

The abolition of the privileges drive part of monks cracy

haha.I live in Beijing now. I know what happened in China. Tibet is not a unfamilar place for me, I had a trip there for half a month in 2006.
Well, now you're in trouble. You see, this is what's going to happen now....folks here at UT will profess to know more about the situation than you, and will claim that you're a victim of government censorship of media and free thought in China, and that you're not seeing the true story in Tibet, and that only those on the outside, who've never been to Tibet can truly understand the situation.

who've never been to Tibet can truly understand the situation

I don't agree with u

I am not a victim of government censorship of media and free thought in China,

the government never restrict the exportation of information.

I don't think Foreigners know Tibet better than the Chinese people.

Back