RBC WP is totally ruining my view, unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it.

and actually, even ICE is ruining your view as well (if you love the CN tower, Cause when ICE is topped off, it looks as if the CN tower's main pod will be cut off a bit :(

Photos from yesterday:

These first 2 are straight out of Dubai:

7840629940_7ab25601d4_b.jpg

7840622424_ce755b2f04_b.jpg

7840639476_b575b06b3c_b.jpg

7840636542_1cd28624b8_b.jpg

7840633152_ab6ce369e7_b.jpg

7840619020_059d4344b9_b.jpg

7840626232_9a0bebb0aa_b.jpg

I've noticed that the balcony doors on the east side are white as opposed to black on the north and south.

I've noticed that the balcony doors on the east side are white as opposed to black on the north and south.

Is the glass not all the same, and just reflecting its surroundings differently? Each panel is angled differently from the one beside it.

In insertnamehere's aerial photo, the north/east tower's floor plate looks much smaller than the west/south (currently taller) tower. Is this actually the case?

v

Dimensionally the east tower is a bit wider, but only by 6 feet or so. The east tower appears wider because of where the photo is taken. The angle of the photo catches the wider side of the east tower and the narrower side of the west tower as the two towers don't have the same orientation. The west tower is also further away making its dimensions appear smaller than the east tower. Size wise, the floorplates are generally the same (west-780 sq.m. vs. east-797 sq.m.). Shape wise, the west tower floorplate is more eliptical, while the east is more round.

Check out pg. 10 of the Final Staff Report from 2009 for the typical residential building dimensions. Pg. 58 shows the building footprints and their orientation.

Damn these buildings are so gorgeous!! They're so slender, I bet the people on the top floor will get sea-sick on windy days.

How are they going to clean the windows? Seems like the white bands of glass will create a space where dust and dirt will build-up in a couple months. They definitely wont be able to clean it with standard window-washing tools.

I can't get over how slim these towers are, and how sleek the cladding is. I love it!

Passed by this morning and they have the first balcony glass panels installed on the east side. It may be hopeful thinking but the panels appear to be "whiter" than the ones on the north and south sides. I've been kind of disappointed that the north and south ones look very similar to MLS and I'm hoping these whiter ones will add to the "ice-ness" of the look.

Back