Today:

trmmmdF.jpg

Is it just me or the area south of Gardiner is like a sea of blue glass?
Honestly I don't like what I see. We need some variation there. This is simply too much glass of similar shade of blue.

well i didn't know 10 york was approved, it's so ugly i figured it would fail. I'm kind of shocked how all these horror shows are actually going to be built, though I'm pretty sure it's only the office component of 1 york that's being worked on right now.

Is it just me or the area south of Gardiner is like a sea of blue glass?
Honestly I don't like what I see. We need some variation there. This is simply too much glass of similar shade of blue.

Hmm so bleu doesn't like blue. Go figure.

well i didn't know 10 york was approved, it's so ugly i figured it would fail. I'm kind of shocked how all these horror shows are actually going to be built, though I'm pretty sure it's only the office component of 1 york that's being worked on right now.

NP the city of Toronto is a partner in the project. . Although a conflict of interest they wont scrap their own project and revenues

Its a done deal... city is a partner in the project and its 80+% sold..

TEYCC will be reviewing an*October 19 2012 final report*in which city planners recommend approval be given for a 224-meter, 62-storey tower with 4-storey podium and 726 dwelling units — provided that adequate parking be provided, along with an “affordable housing contribution to the value of $5.2 million†as community benefits under s. 37 of the*Planning Act. (Curiously, the official notice of public meeting issued by the City Clerk’s office refers to a 65-storey tower with 4-level podium and 725 condo units — but the same 224-meter total height.)

TEYCC will be reviewing an*October 19 2012 final report*in which city planners recommend approval be given for a 224-meter, 62-storey tower with 4-storey podium and 726 dwelling units — provided that adequate parking be provided, along with an “affordable housing contribution to the value of $5.2 million” as community benefits under s. 37 of the*Planning Act. (Curiously, the official notice of public meeting issued by the City Clerk’s office refers to a 65-storey tower with 4-level podium and 725 condo units — but the same 224-meter total height.)

That's all interesting. But the project does not have approval from the city at this time. It may be your opinion that it is in for a rubber-stamp for the reasons you state, but that does not change the fact that as of right now the current status is that the proposed amendment to the zoning by-law has not been approved by the city.

TEYCC will be reviewing an*October 19 2012 final report*in which city planners recommend approval be given for a 224-meter, 62-storey tower with 4-storey podium…etc.

That's a typo, unless they are including the mechanical penthouse and not the podiums floors. The top habitable floor will be the 65th.

Incredible. The drive through the Southcore on the Gardiner is already breathtaking. It's hard to imagine all the things that are still to come, especially along the south side.

Incredible. The drive through the Southcore on the Gardiner is already breathtaking. It's hard to imagine all the things that are still to come, especially along the south side.

Too bad the buildings aren't anything noteworthy. Not exactly Scotia Plaza level buildings down there.

Back